Student Ministry Pastor
New Hope Church
Denomination: Evangelical Church of North America
The Student Ministry Pastor shall be responsible to cast vision and give leadership to the Student Ministry (6th grade-College/Young Adult) and their families. This is a pastoral position overseeing paid and volunteer staff and their ministries.
The Student Ministry Pastor shall provide pastoral leadership through shared experiences, teaching, resources, and support; equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders in their homes with the common goal of helping students to develop lifelong relationships
- Be a Bible-believing, Spirit-filled Christian.
- In agreement with the doctrines and values of New Hope church.
- Demonstrates ability to build growing relationships with groups of students and individuals.
- Demonstrates successful communication skills with parents, staff and the greater church family.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, and carry out an effective program that engages students with the Gospel and encourages their growth in discipleship.
- Can effectively recruit and train volunteer leaders.
- Demonstrates organization skills, including the ability to delegate to responsible individuals, give clear vision and direction.
- Able to clearly determine goals, objectives, and budgetary requests.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Education or a related field and have a minimum of 5 years of proven Student Ministry leadership experience.
- Must be skilled at engaging and interacting with students through preaching and teaching.
- Agreement with Staff Standards and Policies.
- Must be a team player that works well with current staff and volunteers.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Demonstrate love and loyalty to the church.
- Faithfully practice a personal devotional life.
- Oversee the Middle School, High School, and College/Young Adult ministries and related staff.
- Provide primary leadership for the High School Ministry and College/Young Adult Ministry.
- Create, launch, and lead a College/Young Adult Ministry.
- Manage finances related to student ministries.
- Review, choose and coordinate curriculum for High School and College/Young Adult ministries.
- Teach the Bible with clarity and creativity.
- Communicate clearly with students, parents, and other staff through written, internet and social media.
- Strategically engage parents in their ministry to their student.
- Minister to students through adult volunteers by inviting, equipping and training them to minister to students within the entire student ministry.
- Provide ongoing leadership for the Student Ministries by:
- Establishing departmental goals and objectives.
- Engaging students at their existing level of maturity and help lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus.
- Executing weekly programming, special events, retreats, and serving opportunities.
- Developing an atmosphere where students want to bring friends and are challenged to grow in their faith.
- Creating and taking care of all student environments on campus.
- Develop and provide a relationally based youth ministry.
- Provide small group opportunities for Middle School and High School students focused on leading students toward spiritual maturity.
- Recruit and develop strong volunteer leaders to come alongside students and mentor them.
- Develop and implement a strategy designed to help College/Young Adults connect and become active in the mission and vision of New Hope.
Other Staff Involvement
- Meet regularly with the Children’s Pastor to coordinate the Student Ministry within the Family Ministry strategy of New Hope.
- Attend all Staff and Council meetings.
- Assist the Lead Pastor and other staff in the overall ministry of the church.
Supervision and Evaluation
The Student Ministry Pastor is accountable first to the Executive Pastor, second to the Lead Pastor, and third to the Pastor-Parish Committee.
Work Hours, Compensation
- Full Time
- Salary commensurate with experience
If interested in applying, email your resume to email@example.com