Bethel Church Student Ministries Pastor
The Student Ministries Pastor at Bethel oversees the process of CONNECTING students in Owatonna to God and others, GROWING them as disciples of Jesus, and helping them IMPACT our community with the Gospel.
Full-time, 45-50 hrs/wk (salary TBD)
3 weeks paid time off (5 Sundays) per year, Disability and Life insurance coverage,
3% retirement match, and continuing education fund.
Report to: Senior Pastor
Expected ministry oversight: 6th-12th grade
- Must have a vibrant and maturing relationship with Christ.
- Must show a faithful presence and pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1 Tim.3.
- Must be a graduate of a Bible college or Christian liberal arts college with a degree in Theology, Christian Education, or Youth Ministry. A thorough knowledge of Bible is essential.
- Must have knowledge and skill in the philosophy, psychology and principles of Christian education (previous youth ministry experience is preferred).
- Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with young people.
- Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of teens with a knowledge of possible solutions.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple youth workers.
- Must subscribe to the Constitution and church statement of faith.
- Must possess organizational and administration abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
GENERAL YOUTH MINISTRY
- Provide oversight of 6th-12th grade youth and youth staff. Assure youth group programming and events align with the mission and vision of the church (Connect, Grow, Impact)
- Innovatively reach out to non-Christian youth in our community
- Be acquainted with personal lives of the young people (either directly or through the "Youth Staff"). For example, 1 on 1’s, attend school events, and make hospital visits. This also includes being aware of current youth development and culture.
- Foster open communication with parents/guardians primarily through youth staff, or by other means of communication.
- Provide and oversee consistent Biblical teaching in a number of different youth ministry venues.
YOUTH MINISTRY LEADERSHIP TRAINING
- Maintain effective leadership for each youth program. Recruit and develop leaders (small group and others) and entrust various aspects of Youth Ministry to them.
- Provide formal (structured) and informal (by example) leadership training for the youth staff/volunteers.
- Provide formal and informal forums for frequent communication, encouragement, and training for parents of youth.
- Oversee the identification of youth with leadership potential and assure opportunities are given for their development.
- Approve of and coordinate teaching materials and methods used in all of the youth programs, while working with staff/volunteers who are doing the teaching.
- Be an advisor and resource for all youth leaders/volunteers under your care.
- With the input and support of the youth ministry team, establish and maintain a philosophy of youth ministry and annual goals.
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- Publish calendars and event/programming information to staff, volunteers, parents, and youth in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate/participate in retreats/trips (1/quarter) with intention of exposing kids to variety of aspects of missions.
- Work with other church committees and teams when partnering for a combined effort or greater good (missions committee, adult ministry, etc).
- Manage bus/other church vehicle utilization
- Participate in worship services as needed (announcements, reading, preaching as needed)
- Attend worship services and other church events as time allows.
- Attend weekly meeting with Sr. Pastor and staff for prayer and planning.
- Review and discuss annual job performance evaluation.
- Continue personal growth and development through being mentored, conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Associate MinisterAlliance for Transatlantic Theological Training
- 2 Blackburne Place, Not Assigned
- November 30
Executive Pastor of MinistriesBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- November 29