Position Overview: Are you called into a ministry of kids – of all ages from toddler to high school? Does leading, teaching, and sharing your faith, and teaching kids and families to do so, excite you? We are looking for a half-time Children, Youth and Family Minister (CFYM) and we include health and pension benefits. Pickerington is a suburb of Columbus Ohio well-known for it's high quality schools.
Kids and Families are an important part of the life of St. Andrew’s but we want to make them an integral part of the life of St. Andrew’s. Under the leadership of the Vicar/Pastor, the CFYM will exercise a vital ministry that reaches out to the parishioners, newcomers, guests, staff and surrounding community. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining healthy and vibrant ministries for young families, seeking out their needs and providing accessible, attractive and effective Christian discipleship and social programs to help better integrate them into a growing faith and church life.
- 2 to 3 years of Experience Working in Children, Youth and Family Ministry
- Proven Track Record in Building Relationships with Children, Youth and their Families
- Past Success with Recruitment and Outreach Efforts
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree
Should exhibit and be able to quantify/articulate the following characteristics:
- Vibrant Christian Faith
- Strong Recruitment Skills
- Team Player
- Passionate for Youth and their Families
- Commitment to Working in a Team Staff Environment
- Respects and Values Parents and Care-givers
- Leadership Skills to Communicate Vision and Direction
- Strong, Agile, and Smart Communication and Teaching Skills for Children, Youth and Adults
Will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement Christian Educations Programs
- Leads Others in a Growing Relationship with Jesus Christ through relevant Bible Teaching, Mentorship and Life Example
- Build Relationships with Churched and Non-churched Students through Outreach Events, School Activities, Community Events, etc.
- Recruit and Equip Adult Volunteers
- Provide Regular Discipleship Opportunities for Spiritual Growth (small group gatherings, Sunday am & pm services, mentoring, etc.)
- Plan/Schedule Special Events as Needed (retreats, mission fundraisers and trips, youth conferences, etc.)
- Engage in Continual Learning and Continuing Education Opportunities
- Help Develop an Annual Budget in collaboration with the Vicar/Rector
- An Average of 20 Hours Per Week
- Quarterly and Year-End Reporting to the Mission Council/Vestry
- Attend Safe Church and Anti-Racism Training
- Coordinate and Recruit for Vacation Bible School
St. Andrew’s will provide the following benefits:
- Yearly Salary of 25,000, Paid Semi-Monthly
- The Episcopal Church Lay Employees' Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. Parish will Contribute 5% of Gross Income. Employee may Contribute Additional Monies to Plan at Their Discretion;
- Aetna HMO (or equivalent plan among plans available) Medical and Dental Coverage for Employee + 1. Coverage for Additional Family Members is available for Purchase. To view benefits available: http://diosohio.org/finance/insurance-benefits/
- Withholding of Federal, State and Local Taxes;
- Withholding of Medicare and Social Security Taxes;
- Contributing Employer Social Security at Standard Rate;
- Four Sundays off Per Calendar Year
To conclude, here is an example of what we say about ourselves:
We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, separated, straight, gay, transgendered, mighty rich, mighty poor, or mightily trying. We welcome those who are crying newborns, skinny as a rail, or aiming to lose a few.
We extend a special welcome if you can sing like Andrea Bocelli or can only sing into a bucket. You’re welcome if you’re “just browsing” just woke up, or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you’re “cradle Episcopalian” or a “cafeteria Christian” or if you’re not sure what to be or believe. We don’t care if you have only seen the inside of a church through YouTube, think Hozier invented “Take me to church”, or haven’t been in church since your BFF from high school got married.
We extend a special welcome to those over 60 who haven’t grown up yet, and to teenagers who think they’re already grown up. We welcome soccer dads/moms, NASCAR moms/dads, starving artists, tree-huggers, latte sippers, card-carrying NRA members and card-burning Socialists. We welcome vegetarians and junk-food aficionados. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems, or you’re down in the dumps or if you don’t like “organized religion” – hey, many of us have been there too.
We extend a special welcome if you blew all your offering money at the casino, still think the earth is flat, work too hard, can’t sepll, or because grandma is in town and wanted to go to church.
We extend a special welcome to those who are inked, pierced, both or undecided. You are welcome if you need a special prayer right now, don’t trust “religion” yet feel a spiritual tug, or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome seekers, finders, tourists, wanderers, doubters, bleeding hearts…and you.
This is your home. What unites us is Jesus Christ, his Life, Death, and Resurrection. The rest is details.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorParkside Church
- Camp Verde, Arizona
- September 29
Youth Worship InternKnott Avenue Christian Church
- Anaheim, California
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorFirst United Methodist Church Winter Park
- Winter Park, Florida
- September 28
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church
About St. Andrew’s: We are an Episcopal Church within the ministry of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Ohio. We desire to create a growing community of Christian faith where we worship through Word and Sacrament, we recognize and experience God’s grace for all, and we are nourished to serve and minister to others. All are welcomed without regard for race, gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are a parish that is evangelical in theology and outreach, and progressive in social practice. More...