Gainesville UMC, a rapidly growing congregation in Northern Virginia with a passion for reaching new people and being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in our community, is looking for
full-time Director of Student Ministries.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for connecting with our current students, as well as for reaching out into our local communities to connect with new students. We are looking for someone who not only has a genuine desire to minister to students, but
someone who is energized by the multitude of service and outreach opportunities available in this position.
The position is full-time, with a competitive salary commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This person will report directly to the Associate Pastor, and will be expected to be an active and involved member of the church community.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be as described below:
- Develop and coordinate the overall youth program and its entire function and responsibilities, with the focus on middle school, high school, and college students.
- Meet regularly with the Associate Pastor to provide updates on the Ministry.
- Plan and develop the youth calendar, to include special events, retreats, curriculum plans, mission trips, etc.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage adult volunteers for Sunday nights, as well as for retreats, mission trips and special events.
- Oversee the youth mission trips and associated planning, fundraising and budgeting (including at least two trips per summer - one middle school and one high school).
- Be in regular contact with students, parents and volunteers to provide regular updates.
- Provide spiritual guidance and minister to all the students of GUMC, keeping the Associate Pastor updated as necessary when issues may arise.
- Develop and oversee the Student Ministry budget and all expenditures related to it.
- Evaluate the needs of the Ministry and present them to the Associate Pastor and Administrative Council, as needed.
- Attend all Staff & Administrative Council meetings, as well as other committee meetings as needed.
- Follow and uphold the Child Protection Guidelines of GUMC.
- Partner with other program-area staff to help execute the strategic vision of the pastoral staff.
- Other duties related to the position as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and at least three references by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have questions or would like more information, please contact our Associate Pastor, Sean Gundry by email or by phone at (703) 754-4511.