Gainesville UMC, a rapidly growing congregation in Northern Virginia with a passion for reaching new people and being the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in our community, is looking for
full-time Contemporary Worship Director.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for reaching a wide variety of new people for Jesus Christ. They will also excel in planning and developing modern worship, as well as have the ability to effectively lead meaningful, authentic worship for our congregation.
The position is full-time, with a competitive salary commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This person will report directly to the Senior Pastor, and will be expected to be an active and involved member of the church community.
This position’s primary responsibilities will be as described below:
- Lead worship at three services (Sundays at 9:30am, Wednesdays at 7:00pm and Youth Worship on Sundays at 6:00pm) – consulting with the Senior Pastor & Youth Director on the direction, feel and themes of the services.
- Be heavily involved in the planning and launching of a new off-site weeknight worship service, tentatively scheduled to launch in Fall 2016.
- Meet regularly with the pastoral staff to lay out and design worship plans for weekly worship, as well as special services.
- Identify, recruit, audition, rehearse and manage members of the Praise Band – taking into account the overall needs of the Ministry and the gifts of each volunteer.
- Plan and lead effective rehearsals, developing the band both musically as well as spiritually.
- Must be able to play at least one instrument and be able to lead worship vocally.
- Develop and oversee the Contemporary Worship budget and all expenditures related to it.
- Evaluate the needs of the praise team and present them to the Senior Pastor and Administrative Council, as needed.
- Attend all Staff, Administrative Council & Worship meetings, as well as other committee meetings as needed.
- Follow and uphold the Child Protection Guidelines of GUMC, where applicable.
- Partner with other program-area staff to help execute the strategic vision of the pastoral staff.
- Video and/or basic graphic design skills will be considered a plus.
- Other duties related to the position as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, a high-quality recording (preferably video) of yourself leading worship and least three references by email to
email@example.com – if you have questions or would like more information, please contact our Senior Pastor, John Patterson by email or by phone at (703) 754-4511.