The role of the Pastor of Discipleship and Administration at Grace Community Church is to assist the Lead Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church. Central to the responsibilities of this role are:
- Staff coordination and managing day-to-day operations of the church.
- Implementing the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Aligning staff and key leadership teams to the vision, mission, values and strategy of Grace.
- Increasing the Lead Pastor’s capacity to preach, teach and shepherd the congregation by absorbing responsibilities associated with church administration and discipleship.
This position will be responsible for the following in the areas of Discipleship and Administration:
Responsible for the development and oversight of church discipleship processes and programs. Some responsibilities will include equipping and oversight of:
- Adult Bible Fellowship Leaders
- Small Group Leaders
- Men’s/Women’s ministries
- Assist Children and Youth Ministers in coordination of children and youth discipleship.
- Assist in utilizing and planning current and future building space for maximum efficient use.
- Assimilate new members and attendees into processes and life of the church.
- Leadership, evaluation, updating and teaching Grace 101.
- Ministry to Married Couples, including but not limited to the Annual Couples Retreat
- Lead and/or coordinate the search for ministerial and support staff members.
- Supervise all matters related to personnel management.
- Conduct regular ministerial and administrative staff meetings.
- Develop staff growth plans and review strategy.
- Lead in developing, defining and clearly communicating strategic church goals.
- Develop a comprehensive leadership development strategy for general church leaders.
- Oversee the development of and compliance with church policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations related to church operations.
- Provide leadership and supervision to church administrative functions including information systems, accounting, communications, facility management and human resources.
- Meet with the deacons at scheduled meetings.
- Perform counseling services as time permits and conduct regular family ministry events.
- Conduct weddings, funerals and other pastoral functions as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Keep the Lead Pastor well-informed of administrative and ministry developments.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with people who demonstrate a passion and gift for church administration.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Lead Pastor.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Possess a strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting and be able to establish and maintain appropriate standards for the accomplishment of ministry in a way that honors God and people.
- An effectual understanding of group dynamics so as to ensure effective consensus-building and decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately; both written and orally.
- Proven fiscal responsibility and technical competence.
Minimum Qualifications and Expectations
- Seminary degree or higher in field of study related to position.
- Leadership experience within a church setting.
- Able to understand, motivate and support ministry leaders. Must meet the biblical qualifications found in I Timothy 3.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18