Mission and Purpose:
The mission of this ministry is to be faithful to God’s word, reconcile people to Christ, and help them mature in Him. Key scriptures: II Corinthians 5:18-20, Matthew 28:19-20, and Colossians 1:28.
The purpose of this ministry is to provide comprehensive leadership and oversight for children’s ministry and youth ministry at UCC as well as promoting and establishing effective working partnerships with parents for the overall spiritual formation of their
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pastoral staff leadership for children and youth ministries, effectively carrying out the mission of the church.
- Oversees and executes an effective strategy for spiritual formation of the children and youth and providing support for their families at UCC.
- Provide leadership to evaluate, select and develop the most relevant and biblically sound curriculum for each of the educational ministries.
- Ministers to children and youth and their families and builds relationships with parents, children, and members of the congregation.
- Provides resources, equipping and support for parents to effectively nurture and impact their children for Christ.
- Identifies, develops, supports, and equips the ministry volunteers to effectively minister to the children and families.
- Establishes departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Interfaces and coordinates with the staff and relevant ministry teams to deliver a comprehensive, holistic ministry of Christian education and formation to children (infant to youth) and families.
- Oversees all special events within family ministries at UCC.
- Supervises children’s ministry coordinators and youth ministry staff.
- Assists the senior pastor in discipleship of the congregation and performing other general pastoral duties as assigned.
- Serves in other ministry capacities as deemed necessary by the senior pastor.
- Oversees and leads along with the assistance of part time youth pastor the youth ministry.
- Is reasonably responsive to telephone calls, emails, texts and other contact from Church Staff and Members, particularly during work hours.
- Meets with Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and other Staff as directed, including Staff Meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Position:
- A solid, growing relationship with Christ.
- A commitment to the theology, teaching positions, mission and core values of UCC.
- A commitment to an above-reproach lifestyle as described in 1 Tim. 3:1-7
- Heart and passion for children and youth and their personal relationship with God
- Ability to work independently but execute within a team environment
- Ability to lead, motivate, train, and develop a large group of volunteers
- Minimum 5 years full time experience working in or leading children’s ministry (children and youth) within church context.
- Ministry degree from a Christian college or university.