Overview: The Director of Youth Ministry at Custer Road United Methodist Church shall be a person of genuine and deepening Christian character, willing to grow as a loyal participant of a ministry team, able to work well and communicate
with others, act as a role model in and outside of the church, and to develop and nurture relationships and trust with youth and their families in a growing congregation.
Purpose: The purpose of the Director of Youth Ministry is to assist families to raise their youth to know Jesus and love all by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of worshiping, connecting,
and serving) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model for grades 6-12.
- 6+ years in youth ministry experience
- Visionary with demonstrated passion and ability to plan, develop, manage and implement youth ministry programs
- The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and computer skills
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth, with the ability to handle conflict with grace
- Outstanding interpersonal skills when working with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers
- An understanding of today’s youth culture
- Team building skills and experience managing others
- Understanding and enjoyment of youth and families and guiding their spiritual development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and United Methodist church experience is minimum requirement. Professional Certification in Youth Ministry in the United Methodist Church is a plus
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A highly motivated self-starter
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your youth ministry philosophy and salary requirement.