Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. At present Sun Valley has four campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of more than 6,000 and has been named by Outreach
Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America.
Sun Valley believes deeply that the role of the Staff is to equip the church to be the church and utilize the gifts of volunteers for ministry.
The Worship Leader/Pastor will support the vision of Sun Valley by leading teams that create and execute engaging, Christ-centered musical worship experiences. They will work with the Creative Arts Team to support the overall Weekend Worship Experience with
video, tech, lighting and creative elements that enhance the weekend experience. They will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Biblical leadership.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Full-time experience in a church of 1,000+ in a similar role with an above average ministry track record.
- Possess the musical, technical, and vocal ability to lead Worship effectively in the context of SVCC.
- Agree/Align with the vision, values, leadership distinctives, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Be teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower.
- Work with SVCC Worship Leaders to lead the overall Weekend Worship Service Experience at our Campuses in partnership with the Global Creative Arts Team to deliver video, lighting, sound, music, and other creative elements.
- Actively participate in the Global Creative Arts Team Creative Process from concept to completion.
- Lead with the Campus Lead Teams to implement the vision, values, and spiritual maturity pathway of SVCC.
- Understand and intentionally think through the filter of non-believers in designing elements for our Weekend Worship Services.
- Recruit, develop, and lead teams of volunteer musicians.
- Develop future Worship Leaders.
- Influence other Worship Experiences including but not limited to Children’s, Students, and Celebrate Recovery.
- Participate in regular coaching, monthly training/reporting and annual job performance reviews/evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume and some files or links that reflect previous ministry work that you are proud of to Linda Penrod at firstname.lastname@example.org