The mission of Crossroads Community Church is to “Lead People to the Truth that Transforms Lives in North Central Ohio and Around the World.” Crossroads strives to accomplish this mission through three distinct core values: 1. Committed to Glorifying God 2. Connected in Community 3. Called to Share. Crossroads is a dynamic church with people eager for the effective work of God’s Word to transform them. We want to continue to grow our people in strong communities, and are looking for a Communities Discipleship Pastor to lead this vital area.
The Communities Discipleship Pastor will lead, create, and align the Biblical Communities of the church to fulfill the mission of the church and support the core values. Specifically, this role oversees what we call Communities @ Crossroads, a ministry area dedicated to the fulfillment of our second core value. Communities @ Crossroads is the intentional pathway to spiritual development, community connection, and growth for the church. This area includes Classes – specialized classes designed to meet niche needs; Connection Groups – affinity groups meant to enhance connections and encouragement; and Community Groups – groups focused on Bible study, prayer, and relationships. Our vision is to have every Crossroads attendee participate in one or more Communities @ Crossroads opportunity.
The candidate must be a good communicator in a variety of settings, a visionary leader, and one that values teamwork. The candidate must be a self-starter with a passion for ministry initiation and discipleship multiplication. This position will serve as a member of the church’s Senior Leadership Team (Executive Team). Any person interested must at least have a Bachelors degree in a related field (Master’s degree preferred), and have at least 3 years of experience in discipleship and/or small group ministry.
Crossroads is a church of approximately 2,000+, and is celebrating its 20th anniversary in the fall of 2016. Go to our video of what to expect when attending our church http://www.crossroadswired.com/about/what-to-expect. Crossroads is located in Mansfield, Ohio. The Mansfield area is conveniently located on two major highways, and sits between two major cities, Columbus and Cleveland. There are many family friendly attractions in the area, and many outdoor activities year-round. For more information on all that the area has to offer visit http://www.mansfieldtourism.com.
The Crossroads Community Church Communities Discipleship Pastor is to be a man of God, who has ordered his life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture and the example of our Lord. He is to be an example to the believers in personal godliness (1 Timothy 4:12) and to exemplify God’s requirements for a pastor that includes maintaining a proper Christian home (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through faith in Him as the Way, Truth, and Life.
- Be fully committed to living a godly life both in public and private.
- Be fully committed to his family by lovingly leading his wife and children in life and ministry.
- Be willing to join the family of Crossroads Community Church as a member.
- Be committed to the ministry of Crossroads Community Church and see his role as one of shepherding and guiding Crossroads Communities to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Sees himself as a team player, willing to work within the boundaries of the pastoral staff, elder board, and leaders in the ministry.
Crossroads Discipleship Communities:
To assist the body of Crossroads Community Church in assisting our community to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, in public and private life. To develop and administer the Communities @ Crossroads ministry philosophy and process which more fully develops disciples who can scripturally engage others with the Gospel of Christ. To develop and administer a philosophy and process of reproduction of the Crossroads communities through carefully selected leaders. To administer, develop and implement a training center for the purpose of equipping Crossroads people to faithfully reproduce.
Major Points of Description:
-Vision, oversight, and direction of the Crossroads discipleship path and Communities @ Crossroads staff, team, and leaders (Classes, Connection Groups, and Community Groups)
- Develop and oversee current and future Discipleship Leaders, including the development of a training center for potential leaders.
- Be a part of the Senior Leadership Team (Church Vision and Oversight) as well the Preaching/Teaching Team.
- Envision and oversee the continuing development and implementation the Communities @ Crossroads Ministry.
- Develop, articulate, and cast the overall vision for the Discipleship Communities.
- Give oversight and leadership to the lay leaders in the Discipleship Ministry.
- Provide training and opportunity to help families discover their spiritual gifts and serve others.
- Work with and build teams by recruiting and equipping leaders and team members.
- Assist the church in serving the community by participating in outreach activities and events.
- Get families actively engaged in Biblical community throughout the church.
- Development and implement discipleship reproduction (leaders developing leaders, groups developing groups)
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor (Preaching/Teaching, Funerals, Weddings, Visitation, etc…)
- Must love and serve Jesus Christ above all others, be mature in their Christian faith, and consider the position a call from God.
- Practice the disciplines of the Christian life (Bible study, prayer…etc.) as a model for the Crossroads family.
- Due to the nature of the position we desire the applicant to be married and have a passion for healthy families and relationships.
- Be proficient in teaching the truths of the Bible to families in a relevant and engaging way. As well as the ability to use technology and media in teaching ministry.
- Agree with the overall ministry philosophy and direction of Crossroads.
- Have at least 3 years experience in Church based leadership ministry. Preferably Community or Small Group philosophy and processes to help grow families spiritually, socially, and emotionally.
- It would be beneficial but not required that the candidate would have some experience and/or a ministry philosophy of campus ministries and educational training.
- The applicant should have Bible-College level training. Seminary level preferred. Supervisory experience in a ministry setting a must
Competitive Salary Package (compensation based upon experience)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Small Group and Teaching PastorPathways Church
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Pastor of MinistriesCrossings Community Church
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- September 21
Part Time Community Life PastorWest Hills Community Church
- Salem, Oregon
- September 20
Crossroads Community Church
Crossroads is a church of approximately 2,000+, and is celebrating its 20th anniversary in the fall of 2016. Go to our video of what to expect when attending our church http://www.crossroadswired.com/about/what-to-expect. Crossroads is located in Mansfield, Ohio. The Mansfield area is conveniently located on two major highways, and sits between two major cities, Columbus and Cleveland. There are many family friendly attractions in the area, and many outdoor activities year-round. For more information on all that the area More...