St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Maumee, Ohio is a community on a mission to “Bring healing to the brokenhearted by Doing L.I.F.E. Together.” We are a long-standing community with a rich heritage that is redefining how we are ministering to one another and next generation families.
This is a newly created position requiring a self-starter with a servant-heart who enjoys working with a team; is a humble and mature leader, encourager and teacher; and desires to work with the next generation (infant–high school). If you are looking to make an impact on the next generation and their families, and to reach the brokenhearted, then please prayerfully considering applying.
- Develop practical communication strategies to keep parents, leaders, and congregation informed.
- Participate in staff-level meetings.
- Other as required.
Leading and Training (20%)
- Set direction for Children’s and Student’s Ministries.
- Recruit, train, and support leaders (adult and youth).
- Lead both the Children’s and Student Ministries teams.
- Build relationships with parents, equipping them to be the primary disciple-makers in their homes.
- Develop and mobilize students to become servant leaders inside and outside our congregation.
Children’s Ministries (25%)
- Support the leaders with curriculum development & empowerment tools.
- Serve as a teacher/leader when needed in any given area of the children’s program.
- Lead, plan, and coordinate special projects for children and families.
- Communicate opportunities and encourage membership to embrace and engage our children.
- Be a spiritual resource for parents on practical Biblical application in the household.
- Ensure that all volunteers are vetted and trained to work with children.
Student ministries (45%)
- Develop, expand, and write curriculum to engage junior and senior high school students.
- Engage, teach, and lead junior and senior high school students during weekly gatherings.
- Engage and affirm students in their non-church, school-related environments: during and after school hours with a ministry of presence. ** This is approximately 10% of the overall role.**
- Mobilize students in ministry and missions.
- Organize and engage both junior and senior high school students in fun & fellowship activities.
- Help our students grow in an understanding of who they are in God.
- Participate in congregational life and worship.
- Become active in the life of our communities and city.
- Remain up to date on the current trends and issues facing children, youth, and parents.
- Build and maintain relationships with St. Paul’s families.
- Provide biblical counsel to individuals and families, including leading parents and children through baptism, confirmation, and the phases/stages of childhood development.
- Connects with new families with a ministry of presence.
- Provide pastoral care to next–gen families.
- Respond to crisis situations which arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduated from an accredited college/university, ideally with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Family Life Ministry, Youth Ministry, or another related area. (A Masters Degree is a plus).
- Familiarity and experience with the “Orange” strategy of ministry a plus.
- Bible and/or Seminary training a plus.
- 2+ years of full-time, paid experience working with children or teens.
- We are willing to work with candidates who show strong capacity but may not meet all the requirements.
- Mature, honest, trustworthy Christian with a depth of faith marked by God’s grace and mercy.
- Walks with Jesus daily as a humble, spirit-filled believer.
- A visible calling to teach the next generation and strengthen families.
- Desirable skills include: leadership, administration, teaching, and evangelism.
- Driven, self-starting, go-getter with strong organizational and management skills.
- Agrees with the mission, values, and theology of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and LCMC.
- Technologically literate—understands, adapts, and flows with trends and platforms.
- Ability to pass a background check.
SALARY ANDS BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable based on experience.
- Generous benefits (vacation, insurance, retirement, and continued training when available).
READY TO APPLY?
St. Paul’s will be accepting resumes until the position is filled. Please send your cover letter and resume to Sue Harden at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, visit us at http://stpaulslive.com/NextGenLife.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student & Young Adult PastorChurch Unlimited
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- September 24
Youth MinisterPrivate Profile
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 24
Children's Ministry DirectorFreeburg Community Bible Church
- Freeburg, Illinois
- September 23
Lead Student PastorMount Ararat Baptist Church
- Stafford, Virginia
- September 23
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistriesFirst Covenant Church
- Salina, Kansas
- September 23
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Maumee, Ohio is a community on a mission to “Bring healing to the brokenhearted by Doing L.I.F.E. Together.” We are a long-standing community with a rich heritage that is redefining how we are ministering to one another and next generation families.More...