Houston Chinese Church is a community of English, Mandarin, and Cantonese speakers, the majority of which are ethnically Chinese. Each week, close to 800 adults gather for worship in their heart-language at the main campus location and another 100 gather
at her Pearland campus. HCC has a rich history of planting churches, bible-based teaching from the pulpit, strong sense of fellowship and community, and a missional heart for the lost.
HCC.YM, the youth ministry of Houston Chinese Church, sees around 70 6th to 12th grade students participate weekly in small group and large group programming. The past seven years have been focused on creating intergenerational connections
between youth and the church, championing parents in the discipleship of their youth, and giving youth the tools to follow Jesus into adulthood.
At this time, Houston Chinese Church is looking for an individual who is passionate about youth and an intergenerational church to come and help accomplish HCC’s vision for youth ministry – to make God-loving and compassionate disciples of Jesus Christ among
youth and their families.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Youth/Family ministry, OR 2-year seminary degree min.
Experience: 2+ years experience in Christian Education or Youth Ministry (volunteer or staff)
Language: Fluency in English required; knowledge of Mandarin language a plus
Relationship: Accountable to the Executive Pastor, expected to work closely with pastoral team
- Work with a team of lay leaders (Youth Ministry Team) in continuing the vision set by the church
- Provide leadership and oversight of the youth ministry – regular Sunday and Friday small group and large group programs, events, and retreats
- Champion parents as disciple-makers and work with families in the discipleship of youth
- Create channels to connect youth with the whole church
- Personally invest in students and student leaders
- Partner with Youth Deacon in setting and stewarding annual budget
- Prepare the saints for the work of ministry by recruiting, caring for, and developing volunteer leaders
- Must be a baptized believer of Jesus Christ, and demonstrate integrity, grace, and commitment to the local church
- Agrees completely with the articles of faith, church constitution, mission and core values of HCC
- Knowledge of adolescent spiritual development and approaches to ministry to youth
- Strong interpersonal, communication, management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Possess sensitivity to Chinese and Western cultures and values
Candidates should email their resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org