Leadership Development Pastor
Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church, Katy TX
Do you have a proven track record of leadership development in a church or parachurch ministry? Grace Fellowship United Methodist Church is actively seeking qualified candidates for the role of Leadership Development Pastor. We are creating a new position
and seeking a champion to architect our new Leadership Development pipeline and assist us with our long range strategic vision. Our plan is to more effectively identify, recruit, equip, develop, and empower servant leaders to fulfill the vision and long-term
faith goals of Grace Fellowship.
We are celebrating our 20th birthday this year and we currently average 2,800 in Sunday morning attendance. A small group church, Grace Fellowship desires to yoke with an experienced and energetic ministry leader who is passionate about developing leaders
at Grace Fellowship. This is the highest priority and occupies most of the time for this position.
The Leadership Development Pastor reports to the Discipleship Pastor and works with the Executive and Pastoral Teams to develop and implement a leadership pipeline for Grace Fellowship that clearly lays out the path from disciple to leader. Additionally
this pastor serves as the Leader for our Connections Ministry.
Leadership Development Pastor
- Provide resources, training, and coaching to enhance the development of leaders in all ministry areas across the Grace Fellowship campus network.
- Provide direct support and training/coaching to the Small Group ministry as one of the lead vehicles for leadership training.
- Identify, develop and deploy ministry specific training for small group leaders, staff and ministry directors.
- Collaborate with ministry leaders to develop implementation strategies.
- Oversee and grow our internship program.
- Oversee the leadership development philosophy across all campuses and ministry areas of Grace Fellowship, ensuring a common set of language, tools, systems, values, and outcomes.
- Be available for leadership development coaching for staff members.
- Helps share the pastoral load such as weddings, funerals, hospital visits, pastoral counseling, pastors’ emergency pager rotation, and being on call as needed.
- Serves as a team player along with the entire staff while using your gifts and strengths to complement the staff body of Christ.
Connection Ministry Leader:
Lead the Connection Ministry whose primary function is to:
- Ensure visitors and new members are effectively followed-up and plugged into church life as well as given a clear pathway to spiritual growth, service, and leadership development
- Manage a team of staff and volunteers to ensure Sunday ushers, greeters, and hospitality volunteers are making Grace Fellowship a welcoming place
- Create a culture where a large percentage of the Grace Fellowship community is excited and plugged into serving the body of Christ
The ideal candidate has:
- A healthy walk with God and is energized by the church’s mission and vision.
- A minimum of 3 years experience developing leaders and proven track record of success in a local church or in a parachurch ministry is required.
- Strong people skills. This is critical, as we have a very large volunteer team, as are the ability to serve as a team player, and the desire and ability to pour into others.
- A healthy spiritual walk, along with a “get it done” attitude, and a desire to be part of something bigger than ourselves.
- A Bachelors degree is required; a Masters-level degree is preferred.
Well-located within the heart of the Cinco Ranch community in Katy, Texas, Grace Fellowship attracts a broad spectrum of seekers, new believers, and mature Christians.
Our vision is to be a house of prayer for all nations and our mission is to build a community that knows God and makes Him known. We have a unique emphasis on prayer, missions (both local and globally to unreached people groups), and small group based discipleship.
We have an amazing staff and team.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, including paid medical (for the employee), paid vacation, long-term and short-term disability coverage, and a 401(k) plan. Ordination is not required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to HR Director Mercy Parish at MParish@whatisgrace.org.