Reports to: Director of Worship Ministries
Assist the Director of Worship Ministries in accomplishing the following:
- Be present all services three weekends per month.
- Help facilitate three band rehearsals, three worship team rehearsals, and three choir rehearsals per month, or more as needed.
- Work with Administrative Assistant to schedule worship teams and musicians, as needed for all worship services.
- Lead worship for other church venues / services such as Sunday chapel service, Woman’s bible study, funerals, staff chapels, conferences etc.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special services / projects including, but not limited to, Good Friday, Easter, Worship Conferences, Worship Recordings, Thanksgiving Service, New Year’s Eve Service, Worship Department Trainings and Outings.
- Assist in maintaining the online Planning Center database.
- Research and prepare vocal lead sheets and instrumental parts for all songs, and upload all weekend worship sets to Planning Center on a quarterly basis.
- Record soprano, alto, tenor and bass vocal parts for vocalists, upload them to planning center so vocalists can rehearse independently.
- Attend weekly Worship Department staff meetings.
- Play piano / keyboards, auxiliary keys, Hammond B3 organ for the worship team and choir as needed.
- Recruit and mentor vocalists and instrumentalists for worship teams, band, and choir.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Models spiritual leadership and a lifestyle consistent with the beliefs of ACAC
- Is a member of ACAC and promotes the vision of the church and the Worship
- Is teachable, has the heart of a servant, and knows how to submit to authority
- Has strong communication skills
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent experience
- A high degree of vocal proficiency
- The ability to serve as music director and lead a band from the piano/keyboard
- The ability to teach vocal technique, and vocal and instrumental worship music
- The ability to teach and direct a choir
- The ability to vocally lead worship in a congregational setting
- The ability to read, write and arrange music.
- The ability to direct, inspire, and mentor a large team of vocalists and musicians
- A knowledge, appreciation, and ability to teach and perform different styles of music such as Contemporary Christian, Traditional Gospel, Contemporary Gospel, Rock, Jazz, Classical etc.
- A familiarity with Finale music notation program
Interested applicants must submit a video that showcases the musical skillsets required of this position.