Reports to: Director of Worship Ministries
Assist the Director of Worship Ministries in accomplishing the following:
- Be present all services three weekends per month.
- Help facilitate three band rehearsals, three worship team rehearsals, and three choir rehearsals per month, or more as needed.
- Work with Administrative Assistant to schedule worship teams and musicians, as needed for all worship services.
- Lead worship for other church venues / services such as Sunday chapel service, Woman’s bible study, funerals, staff chapels, conferences etc.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special services / projects including, but not limited to, Good Friday, Easter, Worship Conferences, Worship Recordings, Thanksgiving Service, New Year’s Eve Service, Worship Department Trainings and Outings.
- Assist in maintaining the online Planning Center database.
- Research and prepare vocal lead sheets and instrumental parts for all songs, and upload all weekend worship sets to Planning Center on a quarterly basis.
- Record soprano, alto, tenor and bass vocal parts for vocalists, upload them to planning center so vocalists can rehearse independently.
- Attend weekly Worship Department staff meetings.
- Play piano / keyboards, auxiliary keys, Hammond B3 organ for the worship team and choir as needed.
- Recruit and mentor vocalists and instrumentalists for worship teams, band, and choir.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Models spiritual leadership and a lifestyle consistent with the beliefs of ACAC
- Is a member of ACAC and promotes the vision of the church and the Worship
- Is teachable, has the heart of a servant, and knows how to submit to authority
- Has strong communication skills
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent experience
- A high degree of vocal proficiency
- The ability to serve as music director and lead a band from the piano/keyboard
- The ability to teach vocal technique, and vocal and instrumental worship music
- The ability to teach and direct a choir
- The ability to vocally lead worship in a congregational setting
- The ability to read, write and arrange music.
- The ability to direct, inspire, and mentor a large team of vocalists and musicians
- A knowledge, appreciation, and ability to teach and perform different styles of music such as Contemporary Christian, Traditional Gospel, Contemporary Gospel, Rock, Jazz, Classical etc.
- A familiarity with Finale music notation program
Interested applicants must submit a video that showcases the musical skillsets required of this position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23
The Director of MusicFirst Baptist Church
- Staunton, Virginia
- September 22
Contemporary Worship LeaderTrinity Presbyterian Church
- Southlake, Texas
- September 21
Allegheny Center Alliance Church
As a community of Jesus' followers, we're committed to communicating His compassion, justice, transforming power, and liberating truth by our deeds and words. We're committed to modeling His kingdom as an intentionally diverse church family - ethnically, socially and economically. We're committed to making a difference in the lives of our people - who come from the entire metropolitan area - and the life of the North Side community, where our campus is located. And we're committed to planting communities of Jesus' followers More...