The Student Ministry Pastor will be responsible for the development and oversight of the Youth and Children’s Ministry at Christian Fellowship Church. This position will provide leadership, vision, direction, and management for all ministries from Kindergarten
through High School. While this position will oversee the Children’s Ministry,
the candidate is directly responsible for teaching the Middle and High School ministry (6-12th grade).
The role is designed to develop and maintain a vision for the spiritual formation of our children, students, and their families that is biblical, comprehensive, and consistent in agreement with our overall church mission. The role is also designed to develop
and maintain a vision for encouraging and equipping all families to make the home the center of godly influence.
- Teach God’s Word in a personal, applicable, authentic way that is compelling to teenagers with the ultimate aim of salvation and life transformation.
- Oversee the youth and children’s ministries of the church, such as children’s Sunday School (Promised Land), Sunday youth services, VBS, youth programs, retreats, missions trips, etc.
- Implement and oversee the vision and strategy for the Youth Ministry to move young people to deeper levels of Spiritual growth and church participation.
- Minister to the parents by actively connecting with, listening to, teaching, and communicating with on a regular basis.
- Lead, recruit, develop, and encourage leaders, teachers, helpers and parents to implement effective children’s and youth ministries in the church.
- Develop and implement a strategy to raise financial support for Youth Ministry events such as mission trips and youth retreats.
- Assist with other areas of ministry as directed by the Executive Pastor or the Elder board.
- Be active in the life of the church by supporting and attending church-wide activities whenever possible.
- Develop, manage, and function within the Youth Ministry budget.
- Submit to the training, leadership, vision, and goals of the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
- A clear calling by God to full-time vocational ministry.
- A mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ who is committed to leading a personal lifestyle of Bible study and worship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with preference for a Bible or ministry focus.
- Proven ability to preach, teach and minister the gospel to teenagers
- Leadership experience with youth and children’s ministries.
- Possess strong relationship skills and the ability to connect well with youth, children, and parents
- Agreement with the Christian Fellowship Church Statement of Faith, purpose, and vision – see www.godowncfc.org/statement-of-faith
- Demonstrate commitment to Christian Fellowship Church by becoming a member.
- Meets the qualifications of an Elder (I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 NIV).
Desired Gifts, Skills, Talents and Passions:
- Spiritual gifts of teaching, leadership, and discipleship with a shepherd’s heart.
- Must exhibit a teachable spirit and willingness to be personally developed while also developing others.
- Must have a thoroughly gospel-centered framework that produces biblically sound ministry and communication both publicly and privately.
- Must exhibit contagious enthusiasm for teenagers and their families.
- Needs to have a functional level of administration skills.
- Perform general pastoral duties when necessary
- Ability to utilize technology relevant to this position such as Word, Email, PowerPoint, social media, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be a disciple and to disciple others in a one-on-one relationship.
For more Info about Christian Fellowship Church visit godowncfc.org