The Database Analyst will champion the data reporting and analysis, while also initiating and maintaining best practices throughout Rock Point Church.
Classification: Exempt; Salary // Status: Full-Time //
Team: Operations // Supervisor: Director, Operations & Guest Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Weekdays at Main Office
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and participate in the overall mission of the church and its implementation.
- Perform analysis, research, data gathering, validating, and reviewing of ministry operations data.
- Maintain administration of all user IDs and passwords in database.
- Grant clearance to systems and applications according to user roles and policy as appropriate.
- Generate scorecards and dashboards with process performance metrics, targets, and triggers.
- Create and generate both recurring and ad hoc reports or data analysis output in response to leadership and user requests.
- Establish, coordinate, and maintain data integrity procedures, processes, and policies that efficiently enhance data integrity.
- Concurrent work on multiple data related projects and project activities will be required.
- Respond to multiple user requests for database support, information, and reports.
- Perform the necessary up front discovery analysis to document and clarify information needs and requests.
- Facilitate training workshops focused on core database functionality and enhancements.
- Recruit, disciple, and manage a team of database volunteers.
TO PERFORM THE JOB SUCCESSFULLY, INDIVIDUAL SHOULD DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Analytical | Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving | Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills | Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication | Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Oral Communication | Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork | Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management | Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Ethics | Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Diversity | Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support | Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports church’s goals and values.
- Judgment | Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality | Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance & Punctuality | Consistently arrives at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability | Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative | Asks for and offers help when needed. Undertakes self-development activities.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Education: Either a Bachelor’s degree in any field or equivalent experience in information technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous ministry experience.
- Experience working with one or more of the following:
- Church Community Builder
- SQL Experience
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and will occasionally be required to do some light lifting (up to 10 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Model Biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model Biblical commitment and become a covenant member of Rock Point Church;
- Model Biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model Biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model Biblical community; and
- Model Biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19
Media & Communications DirectorSlingshot Group
- Valencia, California
- October 19
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Rock Point Church