Journey Church Student Ministry Pastor
Position: Student Ministry Pastor
Campus: Journey Church
Reports to: Journey Church Executive Pastor
1. Student Ministry Intern
To fulfill the vision of Journey Church through leading a movement of students (6th – 12th grade) who make disciples that represent the gospel to every man, women and child without having to go or come anywhere.
Outcomes of this position include:
1. Provide & execute vision for a student movement with a holistic understanding of the mission of Journey Church, by creating a healthy, sustainable, and reproducible structure that produces God glorifying, gospel-centered, missionally driven
students who make disciples in every domain of their life.
2. Identify, develop and disciple student leaders who are released into mission as a top priority.
3. Invest in and develop Adult leadership teams to assist in moving the mission forward.
4. Train and empower parents to be the primary disciplers of their kids
5. Communicate Truth in all teaching environments
6. Community engagement through school partnerships and relationships with other ministries already involved in local schools.
STUDENT MINISTRY SPECIFIC (Items 1-5)
1. Church Gathered & Scattered
a. Church Scattered: Empower students to be released to incarnate the Gospel in a specific school, neighborhood or network of students
- Oversees the creation, implementation & maintenance of the necessary structure
- Oversees the process and implementation of training leaders
b. Church Gathered: Students are invested in, trained, and equipped through
- Create a Gathered culture that understands they are primarily a collection of students who have gathered to worship rather than a worshipping body who sometimes does mission