Journey Church Student Ministry Pastor
Position: Student Ministry Pastor
Campus: Journey Church
Reports to: Journey Church Executive Pastor
1. Student Ministry Intern
To fulfill the vision of Journey Church through leading a movement of students (6th – 12th grade) who make disciples that represent the gospel to every man, women and child without having to go or come anywhere.
Outcomes of this position include:
1. Provide & execute vision for a student movement with a holistic understanding of the mission of Journey Church, by creating a healthy, sustainable, and reproducible structure that produces God glorifying, gospel-centered, missionally driven students who make disciples in every domain of their life.
2. Identify, develop and disciple student leaders who are released into mission as a top priority.
3. Invest in and develop Adult leadership teams to assist in moving the mission forward.
4. Train and empower parents to be the primary disciplers of their kids
5. Communicate Truth in all teaching environments
6. Community engagement through school partnerships and relationships with other ministries already involved in local schools.
STUDENT MINISTRY SPECIFIC (Items 1-5)
1. Church Gathered & Scattered
a. Church Scattered: Empower students to be released to incarnate the Gospel in a specific school, neighborhood or network of students
- Oversees the creation, implementation & maintenance of the necessary structure
- Oversees the process and implementation of training leaders
b. Church Gathered: Students are invested in, trained, and equipped through
- Create a Gathered culture that understands they are primarily a collection of students who have gathered to worship rather than a worshipping body who sometimes does mission
- Oversees the creation and implementation of the Gathered times including equipping environments that focus on gospel centered teaching, small groups and worship.
2. Create a Discipleship Culture within the Context of the Student Ministry
a. Create and execute a discipleship process that allows students to grow in the
Character of Jesus and in the Competencies of Jesus, so that they the character necessary to lead out a Scattered and Gathered student ministry
- Invest and equip parents to be the primary disciplers of their kids
- Create vehicles for investing and equipping other Journey Next Student volunteer leaders to play an important role in the spiritual formation process of Journey Next students
- Disciple student & parent leaders as first priority and lead them in reproducing your relationship with others.
- Reproduce who you are, not what you want.
- Utilize discipleship tools to reinforce personal outcomes of Intimacy with God, Grace Story, Fruit of the Spirit, Personal Mission and Stewardship of Life.
3. Leadership Development
a. Create a sustainable Leadership Pipeline that seeks to Recruit, Train, Deploy and Review with all leaders within Journey Church Student Ministry:
Adult Leadership for Scattered and Gathered
Student Leadership for Scattered and Gathered
b. Work with Children’s Pastor, Worship Pastor and Volunteer Serve Team Leaders in creating a pipeline where Journey Church Student Ministry students serve in weekend worship gatherings
4. Community Investment
a. Develop community involvement plans consistent with our Scattered and
- Continue the traction we’ve been building in investing in Westside High School and Orange Park High School
- Network with FCA’s and Other Para-Church Ministries to successful in those schools.
b. Develop a plan that seeks to be faithful to this goal: 10% convert growth each
5. Journey Church Pastoral Leadership
a. Weekend Gatherings (Prayer, Announcements, Assimilation, Teaching Team)
b. Weekly staff meetings, being the voice & champion for Student Ministry
c. Special Events: Lead as necessary in All Special Events including but not limited to Leadership Class, Small Groups, Partnership (Membership) Classes, etc.
6. Leadership Development
Attend 1 conference for ongoing development of counseling/care/administration in Student Ministry.
b. Staff Formation
Participate in a weekly staff formation process for personal growth and sustained spiritual hea
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Student PastorStoryline Fellowship
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Student Ministries PastorCentral Assembly of God
- Independence, Missouri
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1