First Baptist Church of Conyers, GA (a suburb of Atlanta) is looking to fill our Student Pastor position.
The Student Pastor’s overall purpose is to accomplish three primary goals:
1. Provide a strategy and atmosphere where students are taught and led to become life-long disciple-making Christ followers. A key part of this will be teaching students how to live a missional lifestyle everyday of their life.
2. Enlist and Develop leaders, both adults and students, who make a significant impact for Christ.
3. Partner with parents to train, educate, and support them during this crucial time of parenting teens. Deut. 6:4-9
The key skill traits of the Student Pastor includes:
Leadership: Must be pursuing a growing relationship with Jesus Christ that reflects a strong daily walk and unquestionable character fitting of someone in a position of spiritual leadership; leads by example, having the ability to influence
and disciple students and leaders in direction, development and advancement of the ministry. Specifics of moral character are provided in the Ministerial Covenant.
Pioneer/Innovator: Initiates relationships with local school leaders, community leaders and organizations to intentionally create student environments that encourage students in sharing their faith and serving others through missional living.
Is constantly looking to develop creative and innovative ways to reach and disciple students.
Relational and Articulate Communicator: Exhibits a strong personal presence and moral authority; speaks with conviction to challenge popular culture and struggles students face; relates well not only with students, but with adult leaders and
parents by actively engaging in student culture.
Developer: Will develop, oversee and train adult and student leaders to intentionally develop disciple-making students; Cast the vision for student ministry, communicate the message and implement structure and strategies; equips students to
become disciples and leaders among their peers, at home and in the community; aids and coaches parents in how to model spiritual leadership at home.
Team Attitude: Will work in conjunction with the total staff team, but especially the family ministry team; understands that the student ministry is one part of the total family ministry and that they succeed and fail together. Will support
and provide assistance when needed to the other team members. A constant “better together” attitude of teamwork is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead and oversee middle and high school Student Ministry programs, incorporating elements designed for spiritual growth, outreach, and missions.
2. Develop age appropriate camps, events, retreats and mission opportunities for students.
3. Coordinate communication of Student Ministries with staff, student leaders, adult leaders, and parents.
4. Recruit, develop and partner with adult leaders and parents.
5. Facilitate interaction with parents that supports and equips them in their role in the spiritual development of students.
6. Work with other Family Ministry environments to assist in the accomplishment of the total Family Ministry strategy.
7. Prepare budgets and strategic planning for Student Ministries.
The purpose of this job description is not to provide an exhaustive list of duties, rather its purpose is to provide an overview of the skills needed and a broad explanation of the functions of the job. A “whatever it takes” attitude is essential for complete
For information on First Conyers:
Send resume' and information to: