Founded in 1986, Providence Presbyterian Church is, today, a vibrant, conservative, evangelical and biblically pure church, located on a beautiful twenty-seven acre campus on the south end of Hilton Head Island. Our active congregation, dedicated leaders,
and gifted staff are committed to our church’s core values and our declared mission, “To Cause God Joy!” We are seeking a Director of Christian Education to join our team and accept the responsibility for the biblically-based educational programs for all
The full-time Director of Christian Education will be responsible for the creation, development, implementation and continued support of a comprehensive Christian Education program that provides a biblical foundation of faith for all our congregants. This
program is envisioned as reaching out and engaging Providence members not only on Sunday mornings, but also through a variety of weekday and evening small group, fellowship and discipleship opportunities. A core component of this position will be the creation
and direct execution of biblically rich, spiritual, age appropriate programs for children, youth, and adults.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for developing and delivery of Nursery and Children’s programs, including staff oversight (ages birth through 5th grade)
- Supervise and support the Youth Ministry Director to maintain a vibrant youth program
- Select and coordinate curriculum for discipleship programs of all ages, to include summer programs
- Recruit, develop, support and retain talented volunteer teachers at all levels
- Coordinate all logistical support of the Christian Education Program, including planning, paperwork, budgeting, and marketing of the discipleship offerings
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for the Christian Education Programs
- Work with the Senior Pastor and other members of the Leadership Team to provide a vibrant program
- A love of the Lord Jesus Christ and a desire to share it with everyone.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Christian Education or other educational area.
- Advance degree candidates will be favorable considered.
Please submit a letter of application along with your resume through ChurchStaffing.com.