The Pastor of Spiritual Formation is responsible for fostering spiritual growth in the congregation by discipling people in small groups and deploying them in ministry. This person is also responsible to identify and develop leaders to assist with the spiritual formation process. This position reports to the Executive Pastor.
Experience and Education:
- College degree or graduate degree in ministry-related area.
- Ordained minister or on track for ordination
- Prefer at least 3 or more years of experience in ministry.
- Requires experience in leading and developing groups and volunteers.
- Must be able to relate well with staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to manage the ministry area by utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project and time management, and collaboration skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically and be self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Must be able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to use and develop fine motor skills. The employee must be able to walk up and down stairs. The employee must be able to lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include both close and distance vision.
- Develop and implement a strategy to move people from spiritual infancy to spiritual maturity
- Consistently love on small group leaders and cultivate community among leaders by meeting regularly to communicate vision, provide training and coaching, and receive feedback.
- Identity and recruit potential group leaders
- Recruit and schedule weekly question writers for sermon-based groups
- Oversee the follow-up of new attendees and missing attendees
- Plan, promote and oversee annual Prime Conference to promote spiritual growth
- Responsible for promoting small groups and connecting new people to groups
- Develop other classes and seminars as needed to foster spiritual growth
- Develop and implement a system for engaging regular attenders in serving the church and/or community.
- Recruit, train, and oversee volunteers to assist in mobilizing others.
- Maintain a regular rhythm of recognizing and encouraging volunteers.
- Plan, promote, and oversee an annual summer event designed to foster community building and outreach.
- Plan, promote, and oversee an annual Christmas event designed to foster community building and outreach.
- Recruit and equip all volunteers needed for these events.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with baptisms, altar ministry, hospital visitation, and follow up.
- Oversee the budgets of all assigned areas.
- Occasional preaching opportunities.
- Others duties as assigned.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Groups PastorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- October 10
Director of Women's Ministry & Community LifeGrace Valley Fellowship
- Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- October 8
Small Groups PastorFox River Christian Church
- Waukesha, Wisconsin
- October 7