The Contemporary Worship Leader position is a part-time, non-ordained staff position of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Snellville GA. The Worship Leader must have a passion for Jesus Christ, with the skills for leading a contemporary worship in a praise
band setting. The Worship Leader will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the Contemporary Worship Service in coordination with the Praise Team musicians and the Senior Pastor.
The position requires a self-motivated individual who has a dynamic personality and is passionate about seeing seekers and believers grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Plan (and lead) the Sunday Contemporary worship service in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Select music for contemporary service in coordination with Senior Pastor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings (if at all possible) and regular Worship & Music committee meetings.
- Lead weekly weekday and Sunday morning Praise Team rehearsals.
- Deliver to all Praise Band members, in a timely manner, all upcoming music to be performed.
- Design a PowerPoint presentation for each week¡¦s service with the words to the songs.
- Assure that musical equipment is properly set-up for rehearsal and service.
- Introduce new worship songs on a regular basis
- Recruit singers and musicians to participate in Praise Team.
- Work with music staff for traditional service in planning monthly blended (elements traditional and contemporary worship) service.
- Lead monthly outreach service (presently a Sunday evening service)
- Have a desire to lead people in the worship of Jesus Christ, and not simply to play music and lead a band
- Formal music training preferred.
- Ability to lead by singing and playing either the guitar or piano (if need be in a solo environment).
- Understand how to use music to bring a seamless flow to the worship experience.
- Must be comfortable in a reformed worship environment.
- A basic understanding of current technology used in support of the worship team and the use of audio/video during worship.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
It is estimated that this position should require approximately 15-20 hours per week including all preparation, coordination and leading the Contemporary Worship Service.
Starting annual salary for this part-time position will be commensurate with the individual’s experience, ability, and overall specific agreed upon duties.