CrossPointe Church in Norman, Oklahoma is looking for a full-time Sports Ministry Director to partner with us to build a viable, Christ-centered Sports Ministry. We are looking for someone:
- with a passion for seeing people become fully devoted followers of Christ,
- committed to building recreational and sports related programs for all ages,
- to help us grow and connect people to CrossPointe through those programs, and
- who will help to develop a vision to reach out into the community of Norman with the Gospel.
Sports Ministry Director
Employee Classification: Category 2, 3, or 4
Report to: Lead or Executive Pastor
Salary Range = up to 35K + Benefits. Annual Salary based on education and experience.
Create, develop, implement and oversee operation of all recreational and Sports ministries in a manner that fulfills CrossPointe Church’s mission to “Love God, Love Others and Lead People to become fully devoted followers of Christ”. Areas of accountability include providing a welcoming environment in what is often the first experience at CrossPointe, community outreach, program quality and fiscal management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation, development, implementation and oversight of all recreational programs for children, youth, adults and seniors
- Market recreational ministry with the help of the CrossPointe Creative Media Department.
- Provide new activities and opportunities, and the highest level of excellence for participants
- Develop and promote special events, league activities, and summer camps
- Develop programs in collaboration with other CrossPointe ministry areas
- Recruit, train, support and provide leadership for recreation staff and volunteers for all areas of the recreation ministry
- Coordinate the maintenance and safety of recreational facilities and equipment with CrossPointe’s Operations Administrator.
- Maintain and uphold all compliance and safety regulations, training and standards for the recreation ministry
- Articulate overall vision for recreation ministry, developing yearly goals and strategies for growing participation
- Oversight over CrossPointe Community Center staff. This includes building a weekly schedule, consistent staff meetings, basic staff management, hiring and termination of Community Center staff.
- Accounting and monthly reporting to CrossPointe Finance Team
- Authorize and Coordinate all Rentals in compliance with CrossPointe Facilities Fees as set CrossPointe Trustees.
- Plan submit and oversee an annual budget
- Spiritual grounding and theological alignment with CrossPointe Church.
- Must be a member of CrossPointe Church. All Pastoral Staff are required to both attend and regularly support CrossPointe Church.
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation administration, physical education, or closely related field with directly applicable work experience in sports and recreation
- Three years progressively responsible experience developing and managing recreation/wellness ministry in a church or related setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have the ability to relate in a positive manner with participants and staff while providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Must exhibit CrossPointe staff core values of hospitality, innovation and passion
- Hold/maintain current American Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to participate in active sports and recreation activities
- Must have proven skill in Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software programs
Management Skills: Understands his/her leadership style and temperament type and adapts leadership behaviors to meet the needs of the situation. Delegates, empowers and holds leaders accountable. Marshals resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done.
Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of CrossPointe. Can teach those values to others. Leads his/her leadership team to identify unique mission and vision, which is in line with the mission and vision of CrossPointe.
Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all people inside and outside the congregation; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
Collaboration: Cooperate fully with Pastor, ministers and staff to the end that the staff is a loyal, cohesive and effective unit.
People/volunteer Management: Is able to identify and recruit talented, capable people into positions of responsibility; provides adequate orientation and training to volunteers; provides challenging tasks and assignments for others; builds the capacity of volunteers and participants; communicates expectations clearly and holds people accountable; engages people in their areas of giftedness and passion.
- Able to move freely.
- Able to speak in a public forum.
- Able to hear during physical activities.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Able to demonstrate standard physical exercises and exercise equipment.
- Able to move and set up standard gym equipment.
Exempt employees must be paid on a salary basis, based on the duties performed of a position, rather than by the hours worked. Such employees are not paid overtime for time worked in excess of Forty (40) hours per week.
Non-exempt employees are covered under the minimum pay and overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. These employees are paid a minimum hourly rate (present minimum hourly rate under the Act) and for time worked in excess of 40 hours per week at a rate of one and one-half (1-1/2) times their regular pay rate. Paid time off used in a workweek does not qualify as hours “worked” in the calculation of overtime pay. Examples of paid time off could be: vacation, holidays, sick leave, etc. No compensatory time off is allowed for non-exempt employees outside a 40-hour workweek.
Employee whose total hours worked per week is 40 hours.
Employee who total hours worked per week is less than 40 hours.
Category 1 (Exempt)
Senior/Lead Pastor: The pastor who leads the organization and is responsible for the spiritual leadership and welfare of the church and its members. Casts the vision for the church and sets overall direction of church programs. Originates and presents services of public worship, leads the pastoral ministry of the church, has overall responsibility of the church staff, and represents the congregation in denominational and community affairs.
Category 2 (Exempt)
Ordained Senior (Primary) Ministers: Team members who are ordained as ministers and are the primary leader of a major ministry. This can include part time or full time employees of CrossPointe Church. . Full-Time employment relates to those whose weekly regular hours amount to 40 total hours. This will be understood as a standard workweek and not reflective of what is considered holiday, seasonal, or contracted labor
Category 3 (Exempt)
Ordained Ministers: Team members who are ordained as ministers but are not Senior (Primary) Ministers. This can include part time or full time employees of CrossPointe Church. . Full-Time employment relates to those whose weekly regular hours amount to 40 total hours. This will be understood as a standard workweek and not reflective of what is considered holiday, seasonal, or contracted labor.
Category 4 (Non-Exempt)
Permanent Full time Employee: Team members who are employed full time on an ongoing basis. Full-Time employment relates to those whose weekly regular hours amount to 40 total hours. This will be understood as a standard work week and not reflective of what is considered holiday, seasonal, or contracted labor These team members participate in paid vacations, holidays, sick leave and medical reimbursement for their premiums.
Permanent Part time Employee: Team members who are employed on an ongoing basis, working at least ten (10) hours per pay period but are not full time. These team members do not participate in paid vacations, holidays, sick leave or medical reimbursement for their premiums.
On-Call and/or Temporary Employee: Team members who work as substitutes during vacations, illness or other absences or when extra assistance is needed. Examples of this would include childcare workers, fill-in secretarial or custodial assistance. These team members do not participate in paid vacations, holidays, sick leave or medical reimbursement.
For more information about CrossPointe, please visit www.crosspointe.tv.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Family Life CenterReynoldsburg United Methodist Church
- Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- January 12
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Middle School Ministries DirectorCornerstone Ministries
- Murrysville, Pennsylvania
- December 20
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23
“We are a community church with people who come from all walks of life. We are wholeheartedly devoted to the Bible and committed to living out its teachings. We are continually seeking to understand the needs of our local community and responding to meet those needs as Christ would. In every way, we strive to be a Church with a Heart.” — Pastor Mike Butler More...