Position Summary: Lead and direct the music ministry for all Sunday Experiences and Special Events at the Venture Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Provide musical support for the Creative Arts Team in producing weekend experiences and events; including, but not limited to the following:
Instrumental- oversight of instrumental music team, band leaders and contract labor (including training, team building)
Vocal- oversight of vocal Coach & vocal music team and contract labor (including training, team building)
Lead worship segments on Sunday morning & other experiences.
Provide consulting as needed for music ministries within the church including Children and Student ministries.
Development and oversight of the music budget in consultation with the Creative Arts Director
Musical oversight for all special events held in the facility, including Christmas, Easter
Oversight of musical auditions as needed
Research & brainstorm ideas for creative elements
Collaboration with Tech for lighting & audio needs for all Musical Elements
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
– A bachelor’s degree in a musical field of study (preferred but not required)
– General expertise in instrumental and vocal music
– A minimum of 3 years experience in a church of at least 1,000 people, or a comparable ministry or other position
– General working knowledge of music support systems
– Competent in leading effectively teams of volunteers, teams, team leaders and field professionals
– Ability to organize systems, schedules and people for efficient ministry