The Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff and numerous student and adult volunteer workers. This position is also directly responsible for all Crossings Preschool Ministries (infant-kindergarten). The Church at Clayton Crossings will soon offer full children’s programming for two services on Sunday mornings. Currently, we are averaging 115 kids during one service time on Sunday morning. Also, we offer programming for preschool and elementary-age children on Wednesday nights.
The Pastor/Director of Children’s Ministries works closely with the Lead Pastor and is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
Competencies and Expectations:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, personal, and growing relationship with Him, evidenced by attitude and behavior.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, values, and strategy of The Church at Clayton Crossings.
- Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation, and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and leadership.
- Maintain cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- BA or BS degree in elementary education or similar (seminary degree preferred).
- Previous leadership experience in growing children’s ministry.
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping, and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Basic working understanding of Orange Family Ministry.
- Competency with basic computer software (MS Office) and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, etc.).
- Provide vision, strategy, and development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth–fifth grade).
- Recruit and provide leadership, direction, training, and encouragement for all Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curricula for large and small group teaching environments (2 years–5th grade).
- Direct oversight of all Crossings Kids Ministries (first grade–fifth grade).
- Direct oversight of all Crossings Preschool Ministries (birth–Kindergarten).
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, and aesthetic early childhood learning environments.
- Coordinate childcare options for adult small groups in cooperation with the Community Groups Coordinator.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Leads Children’s Ministry staff
- Receives support from administrative staff
- Receives consistent leadership training from Lead Pastor
- Works closely with all areas of ministry within The Church at Clayton Crossings
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume (along with a cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20