[Please use discretion when applying! Qualified candidates will have 5 years prior full-time local church ministry experience. He/She will have lead multiple volunteer teams within the local church, and will likely have reported directly to the lead pastor. Refrain from a "blast-application" please.]
Vinings Church is located on the northwest side of Atlanta, GA. We are four years old and our mission is to connect people to their role in the Story of God through Jesus Christ. We have grown to approximately 250 people with our focus on reaching unchurched and de-churched individuals. Over the course of the past four years, we have seen our local and global missions expand. We are passionate about reaching the world for Jesus and allowing the Holy Spirit to empower us to do so.
Summary: Executive Pastor will oversee management for the teams leading Adult Worship, Facility, Financial, Outreach, Missions, and Small Groups. Over time and as trust is established, he/she may lead and manage the staff team. We intend to hire away peices of this person's role as we grow.
Formal Job Description
Pastor of Operations
Time Commitment: 45hrs weekly | Reports To: Lead Pastor
Vinings Church Mission
Connecting people to the Story of God through Jesus Christ…
Vinings Church Strategy
…by building relationships with the unchurched, de-churched, & dead-churched through exciting environments and generosity initiatives that communicate the gospel to our city.
We believe in connecting people relationally to God and others by 1. creating exciting environments and 2. generosity initiatives for encountering Jesus through Involving volunteers, Investing resources, and Inviting people far from God.
Pastor of Operations Job Description
Leads a tiered volunteer structure made up of a group of director-level volunteers who lead team leaders and leaders to create exciting environments for people to encounter Jesus.
- Experience intimacy with God.
- Live within a healthy inner circle of strong believers (includes Spouse).
- An outflow of life to an inspired team of people to own these specific responsibilities (below).
- Reports to lead pastor using the “Focus 3” personal development system.
- Disciples directors using our 3 priorities and involves them in your weekly responsibilities.
- Creates a tiered volunteer Worship Team and Service Programming structure for Adults.
- Coordinates with Engage Team for Seating, Offering, Salvation Responses, 1st time follow up.
- Coordinates corporate & VGroup generosity initiatives through VC social justice partners.
- Disciples and leads VGroup coaches & leaders according to VGroup essentials & 3 priorities.
- Creates systems, meetings & docs for Baptisms, Groups, Teams, Membership assimilation.
- Administrates Stewardship, Database, and Legal needs through teams.
- Trains and casts vision for our apprenticeship model in all teams.
- Responsible for story collection for Celebration Moments and Communications Team.
[This role may turn into an Executive Pastor position as trust is established and the role is needed by VC.]
Create church operations that move people far from God to encounter & experience Jesus.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Associate Pastor - 1738MinisterSearch
- Beautiful Boston suburb, Massachusetts
- January 20
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Vinings Church is located in Atlanta, GA in the northwestern part of the city called "Vinings". Our mission is to "Connect People to the Story of God through Jesus Christ". We are 4 years old and have an exciting and progressive approach to church that encourages the pursuit of a living and passionate walk with Jesus Christ.
We do this by building relationships with the unchurched, de-churched, & dead-churched through exciting environments that communicate the gospel & through generosity initiatives in our comm More...