We’re looking for someone whom God has called and anointed to lead others to the feet of Jesus in authentic worship through live events, recordings and personal interaction in a full-time capacity.
We want to grow as a church of regional, national and international impact, and we are looking for a gifted worship leader to help us achieve what we believe God has placed on our hearts. We want nothing less than the unhindered move of God.
We’re looking for someone who . . .
· Is a surrendered worshipper of Jesus Christ, with musical skills and godly character that enable you to lead audiences in surrendered worship in our large Sunday gatherings and at other times and venues as well;
· Is excited about being discipled and mentored by our Worship Arts Pastor and Lead Pastor, serving under their oversight and leadership;
· Will help oversee the recruitment and training of our worship volunteers;
· Will provide input with the worship arts staff and volunteer teams in all areas that help enhance a Spirit-led atmosphere of worship so that our people consistently encounter and respond to God deeply, with as few distractions as possible;
· Will demonstrate both professional and personal excellence and be characterized by staying focused on our ministry goals and directives as communicated by the Lead Pastor and Worship Arts Pastor; and
· Possesses a positive attitude, is led by the Spirit and is a source of encouragement for people involved in our worship arts ministry and throughout our church.
Your ministry will be characterized by…·
- Cultivating a close walk with God and ministering out of the overflow; ·
- Being a catalyst for others to walk closely with God; ·
- Writing/co-writing, recording and leading our people with new music; ·
- Shepherding those under your ministry; and ·
- Continually raising the bar musically.
Ministry Summary God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Over 500 people accepted Christ through our ministries over the past three years, and hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. As our Worship
Leader, you will partner with and work under the close supervision of our Worship Arts Pastor, with additional input and mentoring from our Lead Pastor.
Both of these men have a passion to see people released into worship like never before. You must share this passion.
You must have a burning desire to leave an eternal legacy that greatly glorifies God by prioritizing the Great Commission in ways that bring Jesus Christ honor and glory. Your other ministry leaders, tech teammates and musicians must respect you because
you truly walk with God, care about people and are reliable. You must be able to maintain confidentiality, and refrain from gossip, showing yourself to be spiritually mature and above reproach, demonstrating
trustworthiness. You will need to know and learn how to prevent conflict through good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways should it arise. You will help organize and manage the worship ministry, including involvement in the interviewing,
and training of potential musicians. You will meet on a regular basis with ministry leaders (sometimes along with the Worship Pastor) for prayer and ministry discussions on continuing to move ministry forward for the glory of God.
PERSONAL WALK WITH GOD We want someone who walks closely with God, loves Him passionately, and loves people, too. We want all you do to be an overflow of an authentic lifestyle of worship. This is what we expect from all our pastors and
staff, so that we are the “real deal” and truly live lives worth following and replicating. You must be a daily student of the Bible and intentionally putting its teachings into action. You must have a good reputation outside the church as well. You must
be an example of a person whose life is exemplary of pursuing Christ.
LEADING WORSHIP The right person will be chosen for this position because you demonstrate a passion for Jesus Christ, and a life surrendered to Him, have obvious musical skills and song-writing talent and have an ability to do more than
simply lead songs or bands. We want you to be a “spiritual environmentalist,” leading your teams and our people into the undeniable presence of God so that they are positively changed.
SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP You must demonstrate that you’re not only able to lead and inspire, but to also serve with a submissive and joyful heart under those God has placed over you, including, most directly, the Worship Arts Pastor and Lead
AUDIO/TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD ASSISTANCEOur worship and audio/technical ministries are interwoven. Accordingly, you will work in conjunction with our Audio/Visual Team Lead to ensure we successfully integrate our audio and visual needs to enhance
our worship gatherings so that Jesus is exalted without distraction.
- You must possess personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going;
- You must agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, Doctrinal Statement and what we’ve written in the
Culture of Grace; You can view these documents at graceyork.com, in our “About” section;
- If you are married, you must have a strong reputation of loving your spouse. The same must be true if you have children;
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes in the performance of your duties and ministry; and
- Assist in recruitment and training of those involved in worship ministry;
- Lead weekly worship gatherings and other events as needed;
- Oversee and assist worship leaders in planning worship sets;
- Continually write new worship songs that can be used beyond our immediate setting, in other churches around the world;
- Keep the worship teams in a state of surrendered “readiness” as the Spirit of God leads through you or as the Lead Pastor may direct;
- Work with the Audio and Stage Design Lead in creating and producing arrangements and sound that truly enhances the worship environment;
- Work with Worship Arts Pastor to produce special events and programs
as planned throughout each year;
- Assist our Worship Arts Pastor in planning and implementing monthly leadership meetings, training events, etc.;
- Assist the Audio and Stage Design Lead with audio needs for Sunday morning, other events, rehearsals and practices, church-wide.
- Assist the Worship Pastor in overseeing the student worship team ministry (ages 13-17), coming alongside the Student Ministries Pastor;
- Participate in meetings with Worship Arts Staff; and
- Be committed to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) personally and for those in your specific area of worship ministry. We always want to look for ways to improve our skills and effectiveness for the Lord (Exodus 28:3,15; 35:10, 25; 39:3,8;
1 Samuel 16:16-18; 1 Chronicles 25:6-7; 2 Chronicles 26:15; Proverbs 22:29; Psalm 33; Colossians 3:23-24).
Your Next Steps
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process;
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable);
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a
cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position;
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3)
ministry references who have at least twelve (12) months first-hand knowledge
of your experience as a Worship Leader and/or Worship Pastor. References that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. We will not contact these references without your permission, and will only do so if we pursue your candidacy
with us. We take your privacy seriously and will honor it;
- Provide video footage demonstrating your leading worship in a live setting;
- Provide 2-3 mp3s of your personally written worship music, and
- Send your information in PDF format to email@example.com.
- To be considered, all of the above materials and information
must be submitted. Please understand that we will not review your application if you do not submit all of these materials and information.
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.