About Ezra Church
Ezra Church is a growing and pioneering church reaching individuals and families in the Madison, WI area. Madison is a post-christian environment. This requires a pioneering and innovative approach to ministry. That’s why we choose to be a church that intentionally
develops kingdom leaders and pursue creative and effective ministry. We’re passionate about helping people connect & re-connect with God through Jesus. We're located in Stoughton, WI - a great small town just outside of Madison, and planning to launch a second
location in fall 2016. Check out the “About Us” section of our website (http://ezrachurch.com/about-us/who-we-are/) for more info about what’s important to us.
Position Title: Worship Director
(part-time, 16-20 hours/week)
The Worship Director will provide strong leadership for for the Ezra Church worship ministry while championing and strengthening the DNA of our church. He/she will be a passionate follower of Jesus, an excellent musician, a team builder, and people-oriented.
The Worship Director serves under the leadership of the Lead Pastor.
- Serve as a ministry partner to the Campus Pastor in shepherding/leading the congregation, especially your ministry team, to develop mature followers of Christ who serve with generous and gracious hearts.
- Identify, develop, audition, train, evaluate and encourage musicians, vocalists, technicians and additional worship leaders. Grow the team consistently.
- Ensure healthy communication among team members and with other ministry areas to ensure high levels of effectiveness, collaboration and follow through.
- Serve as the primary worship leader at Sunday services.
- Provide strong leadership for the full Sunday worship service experience.
- Plan, prepare, execute and review all service-programming elements in partnership with teaching team.
- Develop and plan special event services (Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, Worship Night, Vision Night, etc)
- Create and manage the worship/production budget with the Lead Pastor. Coordinate the purchase, use, and maintenance of all musical instruments/tech equipment.
- Participate in ministry staff planning, coaching, and projects.
- Be a team player and help with other needs as they arise.
About the person who would be a good fit:
- Have a vital and growing walk with Jesus demonstrated by the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc.
- A team player who would rather build a team than do things on your own.
- You have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- A track-record of fruitful and healthy ministry, including leading and growing a team of volunteers.
- Fully committed to the vision and values of Ezra Church.
- Others would say you’re a great musician and worship leader.
- Passionate about reaching the next person for Jesus.
- Hard-working, but love to have fun.
- Heart of a teacher/coach: you’re able to develop others spiritually and musically.
- Have a way to keep organized and prioritize a variety of projects and tasks.
- Culturally aware with progressive music preferences.
- Seeks out feedback & coaching for growth.
- Ready to be involved in the regular life of Ezra Church (events, growth group, etc.)
- Looking for a part time position (approximately 16 hrs/week including Sundays)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Ministry experience and/or theological training a plus.
About the Madison, WI area:
Madison, WI consistently ranks among the best places in the nation to live. With the state capitol and University of Wisconsin, it’s a diverse city with great outdoor living space, fantastic bike trails, distinctive locally-owned businesses, cutting-edge
technology, safe neighborhoods, great healthcare, excellent education, amazing music venues and food that will make your mouth water. Madison has a history of being a very difficult spiritual climate, but God is opening new doors for the Gospel and it’s a
great time to be a part of His work in this city. Ezra Church is located in Stoughton - a small town of approximately 13,000 just outside of Madison.
Sound like this may be a good fit for you?
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Please include a video (preferred) or audio link of you leading worship.
You can find more information about Ezra Church on our website: EzraChurch.com.