LifeChurch is about lifechange. We are a contemporary, culturally relevant, and growing church that is reaching people from all walks of life who are being transformed by Jesus Christ. We began in June of 2002 with 25 people and today have 1100-1200 attending
our weekend services. Our vision is to be a community where real people can connect with a real God and experience real life. Our mission, based on the Great Commission, is to help people
Know Jesus, Grow together in Him & Go serve the world. This forms the basis for everything we do. We are currently seeking a full time Community Life Pastor/ Groups Director who will be the point person and
champion for community connection and care, facilitated primarily through the development and shepherding of small groups.
- Be the “point person” for community life in the congregation, focusing particularly on the region or network of groups they have been assigned
- Identify, equip, coach and provide care to small group leaders
- Provide leadership development outlets for group leaders and apprentice leaders
- Meet monthly with Leaders maintaining a healthy coaching relationship
- Facilitate maintaining and developing relationships in their local community for both social/community outreach and service outreach opportunities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an annual outreach calendar for each network under their care.
- Oversee general care and connections in their network
- Lead general care and connection for the ungrouped and non-attenders in their region
- Provide specialized pastoral care when appropriate (funerals, hospital visits, weddings)
- Provide short term individual counseling and referrals
- Develop Community Life Apprentices to help assist in these tasks as well as train & equip the next generation of leaders
- Serve as a visible and accessible leadership presence at weekend services
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Committed to personal growth, servant leadership, healthy relationships, and being one in the spirit with the leadership at LifeChurch.
- Is an energetic, organized, and self-motivated
- Is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a passion for seeing people become connected to the church
- Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers
- Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in developing and maintaining vibrant ministry.
- Is excited by the opportunity of working in a church that is growing rapidly and desires to see that growth reflected in church participation and in people’s lives.
- Bachelor’s degree desired and minimum 1-3 years of vocational ministry experience preferred.
The Community Life Director will report to our GROW Pastor and will become a member of our Connections and Community Life Teams. To express an interest in this position please send a resume highlighting the above qualifications
in a word doc format with your last name included in the title of that document to Mike Rice @ firstname.lastname@example.org