***DO NOT apply through churchstaffing (i.e. don't click the button below). It does not provide us with all we need to process your application***
TO APPLY DIRECTLY, PLEASE VISIT THE GATEWAY EMPLOYMENT PAGE AT http://www.gatewaychurch.com/about-us/employment/ CLICK ON "APPLICATION"
As the chief communication strategist, the Marketing and Communication Director will lead and provide strategic oversight for church-wide marketing and communications across multiple campuses and with the public. This position will oversee the marketing and communication of the church’s brand and message through various media to ensure accurate, creative, and consistent tone, look, voice, and delivery. The position will manage a team of staff and volunteers and work in collaboration with the leadership team, campus pastors, department heads and ministry leaders to develop a comprehensive communications strategy, which includes marketing/communications for PR, content marketing, digital marketing, social media, electronic newsletters, and print materials. The successful candidate for this role will be an expert at managing effective channels of communication across multiple sites and help create a culture and experience consistent with the heart of Gateway values.
Marketing & Communication Strategy
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a strategic marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance Gateway’s message and position
- Comprehensively facilitate internal and external communications
- Ensure articulation of Gateway’s brand, consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization for Gateway Church and its campuses, its ministries and each sermon series
- Create language, brand and communication plans for Gateway ministries and initiatives; and be the brand steward to champion the effectiveness of correct use
- Help formulate and administer marketing policies and procedures to uphold the integrity of the Gateway brand
- Educate and ensure the organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced across campus and ministry
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities
- Be the voice of communications within the Lead Team to effectively drive events and calendar scheduling
- Manage the communication of internal messaging and event promotion through tactical implementation of announcements, programs, inserts, etc.
- Manage the website design and content
- Manage and provide art direction for all teaching series and Gateway events designs
- Develop all graphic designs for Gateway according to brand standards
Planning & Budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of all marcom mission, goals and financial objectives
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for marcom programs and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marcom function
- Recommend and implement series packaging for internal and external use
- Manage communication department staff members & volunteer leaders to achieve best results
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality talent, both paid and volunteer
- Create and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the organization by:
- transmitting Gateway’s values, vision and direction;
- engaging people in the meaning of the organization;
- respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
- providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
- communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
- encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
- anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution;
- engaging people in process as well as tasks; encouraging people use their power and influence, practice their authority, and accept their responsibility;
- modeling behavior;
- coaching people to success
- Bachelor’s Degree; in Marketing & Communication preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in a marcom role
- Leadership and management – experience overseeing a large team or teams across multiple departments/sites (5+); has recruited and led volunteers
- Project management – established track record of managing project processes and deadlines; web development projects a plus
- Ministry – history of spiritual leadership roles
- Personal spiritual maturity
- Communication – excellent skills in writing, public speaking, creative communication, digital and social media
- Works well with people
- Organized with an ability to multi-task
- Cultural understanding of Gateway
About Gateway Church
Gateway Church in beautiful Austin, Texas, is a highly diverse culture, reaching people far from God. Our staff gets to be a part of an amazing movement making a difference in the city and around the globe, living out our values of Come As You Are, Live Connected, Be Transformed and Change Your World. If you’re a fan of ACL, SXSW, year-round sunshine, great Tex-Mex and not ever wearing a tie again, then you get us. We are a church where no perfect people are allowed and we’ve worked hard to create a non-threatening, culturally relevant environment that welcomes anyone and everyone who seek out the claims of Christ. For more information about who we are, head to www.gatewaychurch.com where you can experience our services live streamed, listen to podcasts, learn about our staff and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Note: Gateway does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal and current agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Gateway will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorEast 91st Street Christian Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- September 22
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Video ProducerCumberland Community Church
- Smyrna, Georgia
- September 20
Creative Content Writer (Contract)Private Profile
- North Charlotte / LKN, North Carolina
- September 16
Technical DirectorThe Church of Eleven22
- Jacksonville, Florida
- September 15
Gateway Community Church
We are one church with one mission, led by one staff team, that meets in several different places. We share similar Sunday service experiences with the same teaching message, live or via video, with live music. More...