The music ministry at GCC exist to bring glory to God by making disciples through gospel-centered worship, community, service and the multiplication of worship leaders.
Ministry Description: Seeking a Worship Leader with passion a for God, the Gospel, and has the gifts to effectively draw the congregation into worship utilizing music, scripture, prayer and authentic expressions.
1. Musical ability to lead a congregation and a worship team in corporate worship through the voice and a musical instrument (guitar/keyboard/piano).
2. Experience leading worship teams in the local church (i.e., organizing, equipping/training, supervising and shepherding worship team leaders and members).
3. General knowledge and working understanding of music theory
4. Become an active member of Grace Covenant Church
1. Assist Senior Pastor in developing and implementing vision for the worship ministry
2. Cultivate a Gospel rehearsing, Christ exalting, Spirit sensitive worship gathering on Sundays
3. Oversee and lead the Worship Ministry, including the Audio/Video ministry and equipment.
4. Train, develop and disciple the praise team members and leaders.
5. Oversee special worship events
6. Music resource and advisor for other ministries
1. Weekly meeting with the Senior Pastor
2. Weekly rehearsal with a worship team (song selection)
3. Leading corporate worship
4. Provide quarterly training for the praise team
5. Oversee and maintain the worship equipment (audio/video)
6. Communicate with the audio/video team weekly
7. Responsible for managing and scheduling praise teams
Accountability: The Worship Leader is accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Board of Elders.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate upon experience.
1. Brief testimony and reason for interest in the position
2. Resume, with a philosophy of worship ministry
3. Worship set video and/or audio recording (desired)