EDITOR / ASSOCIATE PRODUCER
Living Waters produces Christian programming for broadcast television and the web. Our goal is to equip believers in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19). The Editor / Associate Producer (AP) creates content for web, television, DVD and other forms of media under the direction of the Director of Production. The AP’s role will largely be split between video editing and producing our daily web show. Applicants are encouraged to learn more about the ministry at LivingWaters.com, before responding to this opportunity.
Much of the AP’s time will be invested in editing various videos projects. This could include, but is not limited to:
- DVD and TV specials (similar to the other half-hour videos we’ve produced, such as “180” or “Evolution vs. God”).
- Trailers and resource promotional videos.
- Various YouTube videos (testimonial, behind the scenes, etc.).
- Occasional segments for Season 5 of “The Way of the Master” TV program.
Creative strength and an ability to collaborate with other team members will be needed. On some videos the AP will be given full creative license, while on others they may co-edit or collaboratively brainstorm through and edit with one of our Executive Producers giving direction. Ultimately, a great amount of flexibility and Kingdom-minded thinking will be required.
DAILY WEBCAST RESPONSIBILITIES
The AP is in charge of making the daily (approximately 10-15 min.) webcast happen. With the guidance of the Director of Production, the AP will be responsible for implementing the vision of the daily program and crafting creative options for consideration. The daily show is switched on a TriCaster (applicants are not required to be familiar with using it), and the AP is responsible for cleaning up the edit. The AP will then create promos and stand-alone videos from the main program. In addition to editing, the AP’s responsibilities on the web show will include, but are not limited to:
- Research. Hunting down top trending news items as show topics, so the hosts can address the underlying issues from a Biblical perspective. This can range from the unimportant and funny, to celebrity news, to serious national tragedies. For example, if the current news is focusing on presidential candidates, “What does the Bible have to say about current political issues?” makes a great topic. As well, the AP will find and secure the use of appropriate assets (photos, graphics, YouTube videos, etc.) related to the show’s theme for commentary, as teaching points or illustrations, etc.
- Create daily program notes. Program notes serve as the framework and outline of the episode. This is not scriptwriting, as the show is unscripted and the hosts determine what they say. Notes could include the summary of a news item, a viewer question, a theological subject, etc. It’s a basic outline of what the hosts will be talking about on the show.
- Posting to social media. The AP is responsible for transcoding video to the appropriate format for each social media outlet (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), and posting the video in a timely manner. Optimally the AP will also regularly post behind the scenes photos, quotes and other items to various social media outlets. (If social media is not a strength, this is something that can be spread among other team members, and is not a requirement for this position.)
- Evangelistic. The ideal candidate is passionate about honoring God and reaching the lost. Living Waters is all about evangelism. If evangelism is not important to you, this is probably not the job for you.
- Biblical in their perspective on evangelism. Programming produced by Living Waters communicates themes such as:
- The ONLY way for people to escape Hell and enter Heaven is to repent and place their trust in Jesus Christ (Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12). All other religions, beliefs, ideas concerning the afterlife and salvation, are therefore wrong. Period. For more clarification, visit needGod.com (a site we created). This is as serious as it gets. We have lots of fun at Living Waters, but when it comes to the gospel and salvation, we don’t play.
- When preaching and communicating the gospel, the communicator should include the Law (the Ten Commandments) within their presentation in order for the unbeliever to have a clear understanding of why they need a Savior.
Visit LivingWaters.com and listen to “Hell’s Best Kept Secret” (this is one of our core foundational messages, which is about the Biblical use of the Law in evangelism). View our statement of faith as well. If you disagree with HBKS or our statement of faith, this is not the job for you.
- Creative. The ideal candidate is creative. They understand how videos and computers work, but they are also an artist. They have the ability to brainstorm ideas daily, weekly, monthly and think through topics, segments, improvements, etc.
- Natural solution finder. A practiced critical thinker—able to assess risk and reward, and discern pitfalls well in advance of implementation. Not afraid to make a creative decision.
- Flexibility. Due to the nature of live TV and serving in a non-profit ministry, the unexpected should be expected. New responsibilities will be added and some may be shifted to different team members. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be broken.
- Humble attitude. The candidate must maintain a positive and humble attitude. Chemistry between the Producer, Management, and the show hosts is required. We are not looking for a pushy producer who uses their will to make things happen as they climb the corporate ladder. We need a person who is willing to collaborate; someone who is ok with having their videos re-edited in a way they don’t always like and having their great ideas shot down once in a while. This is a team, we work in partnership, so ideas are constantly being thrown around and often thrown out. But at the end of the day, Jesus Christ is still Lord, we all go home friends, and once a year we have a great Christmas party. J
- Communication and people skills required. Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities in a fast-paced environment. Ability to handle disagreements in a mature, Godly way.
- Basic Biblical knowledge required. A good understanding of the Bible that you can pull from to develop show notes, and stay in touch with what and why you’re working on a project.
- Editing skills required. We’re looking for a minimum of 2 years of experience, editing video on a professional editing program (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Avid, etc.). Candidate must pass a Premiere competency test, on a Mac. (We edit with Premiere on Macs.) If you’re a fast editor on a PC but not on a Mac, you would still be considered.
This is a full-time position with Living Waters Publications, a 501(c)(3) Christian evangelistic non-profit organization, based in Bellflower, California. This is an on-site position and an in-office presence at our Bellflower, California headquarters is mandatory.
Please send all resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include links to your website/demo reel/YouTube page with samples of your video work. If you do not have professional-level samples of videos which you have edited, please do not apply. No phone calls, please. Applicants of interest will be contacted via email or phone.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
IT Support TechnicianNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- September 22
Technical DirectorParkview Baptist Church
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- September 22
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Worship and Media AssociateOak Mountain Presbyterian Church
- Birmingham, Alabama
- September 20
Video ProducerCumberland Community Church
- Smyrna, Georgia
- September 20
Living Waters is a para-church evangelism equipping ministry. Best-selling author Ray Comfort is our Founder/CEO (“Hell’s Best Kept Secret,” “God Doesn’t Believe in Atheists,” etc.). We produce the popular TV program “The Way of the Master,” which is co-hosted by Ray and actor Kirk Cameron (“Fireproof,” “Growing Pains,” etc.). The program airs on Daystar, TBN, NRB, etc. in 200 countries; we are in production on our fifth season. We make gospel tracts, books, and various More...