We are looking for someone to lead our strong ministry to Elementary age children and follow in the footsteps of our current director who will be retiring in June after more than 15 years in her position. The right candidate will be passionate about following Jesus and helping children do the same, a gifted communicator and a dynamic leader.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Elementary Ministries is to embrace and expand upon the MVPC vision within Elementary Ministries. This includes how this ministry relates to the overall ministries at MVPC and how to involve parents in the life and ministry of MVPC through the Elementary Ministries programs. These plans are implemented with the other elementary ministry staff managed by the Director. Together, they develop and implement effective programs for encouraging, enabling and effecting spiritual growth in the lives of elementary age children and their families.
1. Directs and supervises the staff in the execution of a comprehensive program of Christian education and development for children from 1st through 5th grades.
- Develops and implements programs that fulfill the vision of Elementary Ministries in coordination with the overall vision and purpose of MVPC and Family Ministries.
- Conducts yearly baptism program for children and their families.
- Plans and coordinates all Children’s Ministry special events.
- Researches, develops and implements new approaches to reach the children of the community and their families.
- Communicates ministry goals and objectives, as appropriate, to the staff, church congregation and the general community. Communicate through presentations, bulletins, newsletters, articles, website and social media.
- Working with Worship Team, integrates elementary children’s programs as appropriate into worship through special events and time for young disciples.
- Leads seminars, teach classes, and attend other church events as needed.
2. Develops a comprehensive staffing plan that meets the tactical and strategic needs of Elementary Ministries.
- Hires and equips Program Directors.
- Recruits, develops, equips, and oversees volunteer leaders for Elementary Ministries programs.
3. Integrates Elementary Ministries into the overall ministry strategy of MVPC.
- Works with the other departments to integrate Elementary Ministries with the other church ministries.
- Participates in all church events that involve children and their families. This includes worship and special events.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Passionate about helping children come to faith in Christ and grow in their faith.
- Commitment to MVPC and agreement with its vision, mission and purpose.
- Creative, encouraging, enthusiastic personality that draws others to the Elementary Ministries
- Team player that is willing to receive input from others and incorporate that into their vision for ministry.
- Significant experience in Christian education in a large church setting.
- Leadership skills to direct and motivate staff.
- Teaching skills - especially gifted in communicating God’s love to young listeners.
- Managerial skills to direct staff in accomplishing mission.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with wide variety of individuals including congregation, staff and children.
- The Bible and Christian Education Curriculum materials.
- Child development, teaching, relational skills and age appropriate activities, including children with special needs.
- Teaching credential or degree in Christian education preferable.
- Communicate with creativity and clarity to children and parents, both oral and written.
- Organize and direct paid and volunteer staff members.
Resumes and cover letter should be sent to Rev. David Ricketts at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorFirst Christian Church
- Lawrence, Kansas
- October 25
Children's Pastor/DirectorThe Church at Cedar Hills
- Beaverton, Oregon
- October 25
Preschool AssociateChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 25
Children's Minister/DirectorBettendorf Christian Church
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- October 25
Pastor/Director of Children's MinistryOtterbein Church Inc.
- Waynesboro , Pennsylvania
- October 25
Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church
Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church is a growing church full of life and passion for knowing Christ and making him known. We are committed to being a community church making a global impact for Jesus Christ as we Gather together in worship, Gather in community, Grow as disciples, Give of ourselves and Go into the world with the gospel. We are located in the beautiful Bay Area of California in a very family-focused community. With some of the top schools in the country our community attracts young families moving from San Franc More...