Assistant Pastor's Ministry Description
Cascade Bible Church - June 2015
PURPOSE: To bring believers to maturity.
God gave pastor/teachers "for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature
which belongs to the fullness of Christ." (Ephesians 4:11-13; see Acts 20:17-38; Colossians 1:28; 2 Timothy 2:2)
(1) Doctrine: The Assistant Pastor (AP), like all leaders at Cascade Bible Church (CBC), must be in complete agreement with the CBC doctrinal statement in order to serve as a leader in this church, and must continue to be
in agreement with this statement while he is on staff or in leadership at CBC.
(2) Constitution: The Assistant Pastor, like all leaders at CBC, must fully agree with and cooperate with the Constitution of CBC in order to serve as a leader in this church, and must continue to be in agreement with the
Constitution, while he is on staff or in leadership at CBC.
(3) Leadership: The Assistant Pastor, will serve as a leader within CBC, but cannot become an elder until he has first served as AP for at least one year, and then meet the qualifications for all elders as described in God's
Word & the CBC Constitution.
RESPONSIBILITIES: To serve believers for God's glory.
(1) To "preach the Word" (2 Timothy 4:2), teaching, exhorting and refuting those who contradict (1 Timothy 3:2; Titus 1:9-11).
(2) To "shepherd the flock of God" (1 Peter 5:2), watching over each believer in the assembly (Hebrews 13:17), and giving leadership (1 Timothy 3:4-5; Titus 1:6).
(3) To "be an example to the flock" (1 Peter 5:3), consistently modeling Christlike maturity before all men, especially believers (1 Timothy 4:11-12).
(4) To "take care of the church of God" (1 Timothy 3:5), assisting the senior pastor and showing good management in the day to day activities of the church.
(5) To pray for the church - "the effective prayer of a righteous man" (James 5:14-15), "being devoted" (Col. 4:2) and doing so "without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:17).
SPECIFICS: To focus on music and the young marrieds/young singles.
(1) Priority - He must be qualified to oversee all aspects of the music ministry of Cascade Bible Church, as well as the ministry to young marrieds and singles.
(2) Scripture - He must teach and honor God's Word through the music ministry and in all messages, from one on one counseling, to Bible studies & periodic sermons.
(3) Prayer - He must faithfully appeal to God for the various needs of believers, spending regular time praying for growth, guidance, protection & fellowship.
(4) Leadership - He must provide Biblical truth, vision, oversight, and guidance to the ministry of music and young marrieds/singles at Cascade Bible Church.
(5) Example - He must live a consistent Christian life as a mature believer. Showing Christlikeness through character and integrity, faithfully following Jesus Christ.
(6) Shepherding - He must lovingly care for the personal needs of all believers who are involved in the music ministry and ministry to young marrieds/singles.
(7) Evangelizing - He must personally share the life giving gospel of Jesus Christ, seeking to reach the lost and bring believers to maturity (using Scripture and music).
“Not that we are adequate in ourselves
to consider anything as coming from ourselves,
but our adequacy is from God,
who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant...”
2 Corinthians 3:5-6