Grandview Baptist Church -- Davenport, IA
Associate Pastor Congregational Care and Growth
We are looking for a full time Associate Pastor for Congregation Care and Growth to join us as we continue to seek the fulfilling of the vision that God has given us. Grandview Baptist Church is a well-established church whose vision is ‘Becoming Bridges of Christ Compassion in our Communities”. Our senior pastor has been serving in his position since 2010 and has been on the pastoral staff since 1989. Our staff also includes three part time individuals who lead our Worship, Youth, and Children’s ministries. We are a midsize church of about 260 people located in Davenport, Iowa.
The Associate Pastor will be expected to develop and implement strategies that focus our vision into our adult ministries. Primary areas of focus will be discipleship, evangelism, and outreach. We are looking for someone that will help our families come to a better understanding of God’s call for them to be faithful witnesses to the world and how to do this in their daily lives. Have a desire to work as part of a team where your unique gifts, strengths, and personality are utilized, thereby strengthening the church body.
- This is a full time position.
- Must be Elder qualified per descriptions in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Provide an environment that encourages spiritual growth, in accord with our vision, through direct Bible teaching.
- Provide oversight, direction, and implementation for our ministries in alignment with our mission and vision.
- Mission: ‘Disciples developing disciples’
- Vision: ‘Becoming Bridges of Christ’s Compassion in Our Communities’
- Continue to develop a growing number of core leaders.
- Work alongside the worship team to institute ideas to bring passion to our worship experience.
- Bring a working knowledge of social media and web site administration.
- Share in the preaching, officiating funerals and weddings, as requested by the Senior Pastor, taking into account the overall work load and schedule of other activities related to this position.
- Participate in staff meetings and other activities as requested.
- Evidently in love with Jesus, obedient to His Lordship, and demonstrates spiritual maturity.
- Strong Biblical foundation and theological training, four years minimum with a bachelor’s degree with ministry emphasis. Seminary training preferred.
- Minimum three to five years positive ministry experience preferred.
- Genuine passion for reaching, growing, and discipling people through strong relational skills. Evidence of effective relational evangelism. Comfortable initiating conversation and getting to know people.
- Ability to develop other leaders through teaching and mentoring
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Conversant in the use of social media, internet, and web page support.
- Full agreement with Grandview’s statement of faith and supportive of the distinctives of Converge Worldwide (Baptist General Conference). These can be found on our web site.
(This description outlines the most significant job functions performed. The position may include other similar functions not specifically mentioned.)
Grandview Baptist Church, Davenport, IA www.GrandviewChurch.org 563-391-4308
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Elementary DirectorRiver Pointe Church
- Richmond, Texas
- October 19
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Associate Campus PastorJourney Church
- Boynton Beach, Florida
- October 18
Grandview Baptist Church
Grandview Baptist Church is a well-established church whose vision is “Building Bridges of Christ Compassion into our Community”. Our senior pastor has been serving in his position since 2010 and has been on staff since 1989. The Associate Pastor of Children and Families has been with us since 2003 and began as the Associate Pastor of Youth. We are a midsize church of about 300 people located in Davenport, Iowa. More...