Aldersgate Church is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic Christian who has a passion for leading others into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. The Next Steps Pastor will have the primary responsibility of leading the spiritual formation process at
Aldersgate, overseeing the discipleship of individuals, and striving to engage every member of Aldersgate in ministry. Applicants should be a team player and possess excellent communication, planning, organization, administrative and people skills. This is
a full time position and salary will be determined by experience and education of the applicant.
Please include a resume that contains your educational background, experience and references.
- Ensure that Aldersgate’s vision, mission and values are implemented in every ministry area.
- Work in close association with the staff team to oversee the entire spiritual formation process (birth to death) and maintain a strong team environment that promotes continuity in the discipleship process.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and direction to lay leaders called to the adult discipleship process.
- Work with staff and lay leaders in developing discipleship experiences, fellowship events, conferences, retreats and other opportunities that will equip individuals and families in the spiritual formation process.
- Ensure that personal relationships are cultivated with those who are new to Aldersgate and find ways to get them connected/assimilated into the church family.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee a process for seeking volunteers and connecting them to their “best fit” in ministry and their spiritual gifting.
- Ensure members/regular attendees get involved in one or more avenue of connection with other individuals through group life and serving in places of ministry.
- Cultivate relationships with various community ministries, as well as government entities, public & private organizations, profit & non-profit civic groups in order to better connect the people of Aldersgate into ministry outside the walls of our church.
- Shepherd and nurture the Aldersgate family through pastoral care, counseling, visitation, and prayer.
- Assume any other responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor.