Ash Grove Assembly of God is an outreach based, Presence focused, Spirit-filled Assembly of God church located 20 miles outside Springfield, Missouri.
Our mission is to go into everyone’s world and set them on fire with the presence and power of God by preaching the gospel, establishing the Kingdom, and demonstrating the love of Christ.
Ash Grove Assembly averages 80-100 adults on a Sunday mornings and approximately 125-150 kids and youth on Wednesday nights. We are an outreach based, community minded church. Our Wednesday nights consist mostly of bussing in un-churched kids and youth
from Ash Grove and the surrounding cities.
For more information about our church family please visit our webpage at ashgroveag.org
- Proven leadership ability
- Successful experience in leading people, preferably in a ministry setting
- Excellent communication, problem solving and people skills
- Spirit Filled – a mature believer
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience as a senior pastor preferred
- A minium of five years full-time pastoral experience as either a staff pastor or senior pastor required
- In good standing with the Assemblies of God
- Spiritual Gifts should include: Leadership, Discernment, Encouragement, Teaching
- Gifting for leading worship or playing an instrument highly desired
- General leadership and oversight of the Sunday services, including Connect Groups (small groups), children’s ministry, greeters, ushers and everything that happens during the weekend service.
- Maintain our level of quality in everything done on the weekends including, sermons/teaching, praise and worship, children/youth ministry, café and facility/technology areas, etc.
- Leading baptisms and times of communion on a regular basis
Leadership & development of all volunteer & paid staff.
- Building of all ministry teams necessary for quality ministry. Teams including Hospitality, Technical, Children’s Ministry, Student Ministries, Worship, Facilities, Café, and others as needs dictate
- Mentor and disciple staff on a regular basis during weekly staff prayer and staff meetings
- Recruit & train leaders for each ministry area
- Ensure that spiritual growth occurs among church attenders – through Newcomer’s Gatherings, and a growing, dynamic small group ministry
- Spend time in prayer regularly
- Have regularly scheduled times of prayer with the staff
- Develop and implement a variety of outreach strategies that serve the community and result in a regular stream of first time guests to the church
- Encourage church wide participation in the Mission through prayer, giving, and participation in short-term mission outreach events
- Continue to develop our local mission outreaches. (Summer Food Programs, Bus ministry, Community Outreach, Convoy of Hope, etc.)
- Pastoral care includes counseling, prayer, hospital visitation when needed, weddings, funerals, baby dedications, and any other opportunities to care for the needs of the people.
*Please note: incomplete applications will not be reviewed or processed. Please ensure your application is complete before submitting. If mailing an audio CD (in lieu of emailing a sample) please make a note on your cover page.
Applications may be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mailing a hard copy to:
Ash Grove Assembly
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
PO Box 356
Ash Grove, MO 65604
Please provide the following when submitting an application for review:
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Cover page (please send a Word document or PDF file only)
- Resume (please send a Word document or PDF file only)
- Photo of yourself (include family if applicable)
- Please include an audio link to sample sermons or mail a hard copy audio CD