Panama Baptist Church
Associate Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries
Panama Baptist Church is searching for a full time associate pastor who is passionate about growing youth and family ministries. Our church is located in the village of Panama in southwestern New York and is made up of approximately 125 members. The essence
of our church is Loving God and Loving Others, based upon Matthew 22:37-39. We are a multi-generational assembly in Christ by which we worship, fellowship, study and serve.
The individual in whom we are seeking will be dedicated to developing a strong youth ministry as well as a willingness to be engaged in other family related ministries.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Gifted and called to youth as well as family ministry, possesses a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Panama Baptist Church's Statement of Faith.
- Possesses a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1).
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- A willingness to collaborate cross-generationally with other ministries in the church.
- Willing to become an engaged member of the Panama Baptist Church community.
- Thrives within a team environment, along side the lead pastor, the deacons and volunteers.
- Prior leadership experience in a growing youth ministry with preference given to those with experience in a small church or who have worked in a ministry with youth in weekly attendance.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision, flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
- Possesses qualities catalytic to teen ministry; for example, provides guidance and counseling, has a sense of humor, energetic and authentic.
- Demonstrates a strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills and familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
- Lead volunteer efforts to maintain the youth ministry social media presence; i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
- Secular work experience encouraged.
- Four year Bible degree recommended.
Find us on Facebook, or visit us at: