Purpose: Our vision in all worship services is to: Worship God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, celebrate God’s reconciling love for all people and call people to follow Jesus. Our goal is to support the vision of our Church through the worship experiences.
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Director of Worship Arts shall be responsible for designing and implementing worship services, in accordance with the vision statement of the Church and at the direction of the Lead Pastor. The Director shall be responsible for all music at the Church, including but not limited to leadership of the Choirs and Praise Team, as well as special events involving music or drama as directed by the Lead Pastor in consultation with the Worship Board.
This is a full-time position.
- Oversee the worship experience at Northwest Covenant Church in traditional and contemporary expressions to encourage spiritual growth and be consistent with the mission and goals of Northwest Covenant Church.
- Plan, prepare and lead the worship services incorporating music, the visual arts, multimedia, and dramatic presentations for our Contemporary and Traditional audiences.
- Develop, lead and oversee the music staff including the Children’s Choir Director, Hand Bell Choir Director, and other musicians including organist and accompanist.
- Develop, lead and oversee the whole music staff in planning and producing special performances (i.e. seasonal musical events and concerts) and new approaches that enhance the congregational worship experience.
- Develop a long-range worship plan in collaboration with the Pastoral Staff.
- Enhance the worship experience at Northwest Covenant Church through the offerings of the Choir, Praise Team, Children’s Choir, Handbell Choir and other musicians of the Church.
- Procure and maintain the Choir, Praise Team and other music libraries, which includes arranging music instrumentally and vocally, in addition understanding copyright permissions. Selecting weekly service music which enhances and encourages spiritual growth and worship enhancement. Create and maintain an online library of worship service.
- Coordinate and lead Sanctuary Choir and Praise Team weekly rehearsals and performances at worship services based on a schedule prearranged and agreed upon by the Lead Pastor.
- Manage logistical requirements of rehearsal and service space – including but not limited to setting up mics, music stands, monitors, video screens, coordinating necessary chair set-up etc. Prepare audio visual (slide) presentation on a weekly basis for use by the Technology Team during rehearsals and services.
- Develop and submit the annual budget for the Church’s worship program with the Chair of the Worship Board and approval of the Congregation, during annual Congregational meeting.
- Provide visionary leadership to the Worship Board in conjunction with the Pastoral Staff.
- Coordinate and oversee the Technology Team (audio visual - MAC presentation, and sound technicians) ensuring appropriate coverage is arranged when resources are unavailable.
- Coordinate and oversee all the aesthetics of the worship space, not limited to overseeing the Worship Arts Team.
- Oversee maintenance of the piano, organ, sound system and other instruments owned by the Church and advise Worship Board when repairs are necessary.
III. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet regularly with pastoral staff to develop necessary worship requirements for weekly Traditional and Contemporary services.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Participate in Worship Board meetings.
- Participate in Council Meetings at the discretion of the Lead Pastor.
- Participate in the life of Northwest Covenant Church
The Worship Arts Director is directly accountable to Lead Pastor with budgetary and reporting accountability to the Worship Board.
V. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A strong and growing personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- Exhibit a passion for worship
- Supportive of a variety of worship styles and flow/dynamics, and be knowledgeable of a wide body of worship tools
- Musically qualified to lead and plan both traditional and contemporary worship – with familiarity with classic and modern choral repertoires as well as contemporary repertoire not limited to praise songs and traditional "contemporary worship" music of various musical genres.
- A strong working understanding of multimedia presentations
- A strong understanding and commitment to the Evangelical Covenant Church
- An ability to work well in a Team environment
- Willingness to become a member of Northwest Covenant Church
- Must be a citizen of, or authorized, to work in the U.S.
VI. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Preferred)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College
- Biblical and Theological knowledge is preferred
- Masters in a music field is preferred
- Ability to arrange music, scores and flow of music within a worship service.
- Experience in choral, ensemble, soloist conducting and proven skills in leading and participating in a band environment inclusive of orchestrating contemporary worship service flow.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Northwest Covenant Church
Attn: Worship Arts Director Search
300 N. Elmhurst Avenue
Mount Prospect, IL 60606
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Music/Musician (Youth & Young Adults)Private Profile
- Houston, Texas
- January 20
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Northwest Covenant Church
NWCC is a Covenant Church located in the NW suburbs of Chicago in Mount Prospect, IL. NWCC offers Contemporary and Traditional services as well as Christian Education, various musical ministries and many outreach opportunities to the community. More...