The Graphic Designer is a staff member of the Communications Team and is responsible for graphic creation and photography and other duties involving stage design, creative team, and Computer Graphics operation on Sundays. The GD is responsible to be creative
and innovative in the ministry of the church. Must be able to use Adobe. Experience with DSLR cameras and photo shoot lighting is encouraged.
This is a ministry position just as much as a media position. This person needs to be a solid Christian with good Christian character and integrity. We are a multi-site church in the Chicago area looking to open campuses all around the area. We are a Non-Denominational,
spirit-filled church that requires our staff to not just work here, but serve and immerse themselves into the family here at CLC.
Check out www.clc.tv and Vimeo – http://www.vimeo.com/clctoday to see some of what we do and will expect
- Model a Growing Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the spirit in all work habits and relationships
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
- Call CLC your church home (membership)
- Tithing and membership is a requirement for staff
IMPORTANT: You will be part of the Creative Team and the Creative Team does handle the strategy of designs, staging and overall creative push of the church.
Work Week: Sunday through Thursday with Fridays and Saturdays off; however, special events will require work on weekends and days off throughout the year.
Areas of Responsibilities
1 Create Graphics for all ministries and sermons
2 Creative Service Support (Creative Elements, Series Packaging)
3 Photography each Sunday, Special Events and Promotions
4 Aid Video Editor with PSD files
5 Aid in Live Shoots as part of the team when time permits
6 Archiving and Pulling Graphics
7 Sunday Computer Graphics Setup and Training (ProPresenter)
Skills and Competencies
- 2-3 years agency or freelance experience with graphics
- 2-3 years of photography experience
- Strong logo design ability
- knowledge of DSLR Cameras and Lighting
- Very good working knowledge of Apple Computers
- Skills in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Team player
Creative Expertise: To bring and adhere to creative ideas for graphic elements and then able to carry them out. Have the ability to manage project time lines and properly archive and print graphics.
Efficient: often our projects have 2 weeks from inception to completion because of the pace of the church.
What To Expect: We have the following ongoing graphics projects:
- A sermon series package with 12 or more sizes for multiple outlets
- Larger Ministry graphics packages
- Weekly Social Media Photo Post Creation
- Monthly Bulletins – for all campuses
- Stationary and Branding Guides
- Apparel Ordering and Graphic Support
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design preferred, willing to consider a skilled graphic designer with no degree based on portfolio, skills and references.
Portfolio: Please submit a portfolio (link to it) in your resume with full name and an outline of what was used (equipment, software, plugins, etc.) and how you played a roll in the graphic. We are looking for high quality graphics and photos.
Please apply and submit a full, proper resume with references and cover letter.
Salary : dependent on experience
We will be posting a graphics portfolio of CLC so you can see what we have done. We want to grow from where we are now. We are losing a great team member who helped us brand and create who we are graphically so we are looking to pick up where we left off.