King’s River Worship Center is a Spirit-Filled, Kingdom-minded, growing church of 300-400 committed to reaching people from different backgrounds and life experiences. Our Church is caring, purposeful and fully dependent on the power of the Holy Spirit to
bring personal and corporate growth and life to the church and surrounding communities. Our discipleship process is to Worship First, Connect with believers, Serve in Ministry and Reach the One.
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for providing vision, direction, development, and management for all aspects of our ministry to the children of King’s River, kindergarten through fifth grade. We have a strong volunteer base in place. The person in this
position will be responsible for continuing to equip, recruit and train teams to minister in all areas of children’s ministry. Our highest value is for our children’s pastor to teach, train, instruct and expose our children to a full experience in the demonstration
of the power of the Holy Spirit.
This position summary should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated
in this position description.
Envisioning and initiating new avenues for children’s ministry and discipleship that engage children.
Communicating vision and passion for the children’s ministry to the staff, congregation, and children’s ministry teams.
Developing goals and objectives for the children’s ministry in line with King’s River Ministries vision, mission and discipleship process.
Conduct/lead weekly children’s services on Sunday morning, Wednesday night, and any other special services.
Identify and recruit children’s ministry leaders and volunteers, equipping them with resources and training.
Execute the administration of the children’s ministry through appropriate staff and ministry teams, and monitoring delegated work progress and completion.
Participate in pastoral care activities including weddings and funerals and assisting with hospital and other care visits as it relates to the people of the children’s ministry.
Engage and support the broader ministries of King’s River Ministries.
Major Areas of Responsibilities include:
• Leadership: Provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of
our ministry to children from kindergarten through fifth grade. Encourage, coach,
facilitate, and train all volunteers serving in children’s ministry areas.
- Recruiting and scheduling: Recruit and train new leaders to serve in children’s ministry.?Keep a volunteer schedule to allow for the monitoring of volunteers. Volunteers must attend services in the sanctuary on a regular basis to allow for spiritual recharging.
Communicate this value during training and periodically check attendance records for workers.
- Children’s Church (Sunday): Conduct a children’s service during our 10am service. Service should include worship, preaching of the Word, altar time, fun, and high energy interaction.
- Small Groups: Oversee the small group ministry to our children. Schedule will follow the church LifeGroups schedule consisting of three semesters per year, averaging 16 meetings per year.
- Awana+ (Wednesday): Provide the vision for children’s ministry on Wednesday nights.
- Care: Offer care for children and families. This may include hospital visitation,?encouraging, family interventions, etc.
- Curriculum: Research, select, and develop long-range curriculum. Curriculum should be?based on specific learning goals for each level, and woven into the theme-based, “all?inclusive” learning for each grade.
- Summer Camp: Attend District Summer Kid’s Camp. Interact and build relationships?with each one of our children. Participate in spiritual growth opportunities with our?children such as services, altar time, devotional time etc.
- Community involvement: Develop ways to work with our children on their local?Elementary School campuses. Participate and help with our Annual Teacher’s Luncheon for elementary schools.?MISCELLANEOUS: Other assigned tasks as needed.?Personal Qualifications
and Abilities?EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:?Two years of experience in leading children in a ministry setting and completion of ministry training.?Love for children and a strong desire and ability to effectively teach and lead children into a deeper relationship
with God.?KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:?Strong interpersonal and relational skills.?Strong administrative and organizational skills.?Ability to work with teams.?Ability to effectively recruit, train, encourage, motivate and mentor volunteer leaders.?Ability
to work collaboratively and positively with the church staff and other church ministries.
Ability to maintain a Children’s Ministry budget.
Evidence of personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Knowledge of King’s River Worship Center vision, mission, discipleship process.
Knowledge of interpersonal relations, and communications both oral and written.
Ability to represent and project both a positive and professional image of King’s River Worship Center.
Ability to build and maintain positive, effective, and professional working relationships with Senior Pastor, Staff Pastors, and office staff as well as the individuals they come in contact with in the community.
Ability to follow instructions and work independently with limited supervision. Ability to maintain the confidential nature of the ministry.
Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work in order to accomplish work in compliance with quality standards and deadlines.