Kindred Community Church
Pastor of Student Ministry
Status: Full Time/Salary
Supervisor: Doug McAllister, Executive Pastor
Purpose of Position: To provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of our ministry to youth from seventh through twelfth grade, including supervising paid staff and lay leaders/teachers, volunteers, curriculum,
programming, facility, budgets and planning.
- Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- Love and prioritize your wife.
- Disciple your children to know God and love Him (if a parent). The active and strategic discipleship of your own children must be a higher priority than your discipleship of others.
- Participate as a member of the pastoral staff team for the general body of Kindred Community Church and be available to assist in pastoral duties as opportunities arise.
Specific Responsibilities in Youth Ministries:
- Parent-Teen Discipleship – Come alongside of parents by providing resources and encouragement to help them fulfill their calling to be the primary spiritual trainers of their own teens.
- Personal Discipleship-To be and to make Great Commandment and Great Commission disciples for the glory of God. First and foremost love God, love your neighbor and make disciples personally then passionately train others to do so also.
- Ministry Integration: Work with the Pastor of Children’s Ministry and the Young Adult’s Pastor to equip the next generation of disciples by creating a seamless flow of Christian education and discipleship for those in nursery through college.
- Leadership - Provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of our ministry to teens from seventh through twelfth grade. Encourage and coach paid staff, and facilitate the recruitment, training and encouragement of
volunteer leaders and teachers. Oversee ongoing strategic development of curriculum, programming, facility, budgets and planning.
- Administration-Plan and provide for the security and success of teens, teachers and leaders within the ministry by establishing and overseeing policies and procedures that enhance excellence and minister grace to the receiver. Areas of
oversight include; supplies, furnishings, screening of volunteers, training and annual ministry budget.
- Programming & Events – Work with paid and volunteer staff to reach out to youth at Kindred and in the community through both regular (Sunday School, Small Groups) and special events and programs (Retreats, outreach and service events)
- Pastoral Care - Offer pastoral care for teens and families. This may include hospital visitation, counseling, family interventions, baptisms, etc.
- Public School Outreach – Form campus ministry outreaches throughout the Anaheim and Yorba Linda Public School Systems.
- Masters Degree (or the equivalent) from an Evangelical Seminary. Studies in Youth Ministry helpful.
- At least 5-10 years experience in the leadership of Student Ministry.
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Strong relational and team building skills
- Strong written and personal communication skills
- Clear Biblical philosophy of ministry to youth
- Theological agreement with KCC doctrinal statement.
- Exemplary marriage
- Teaching gifts
- Mature man whose character is in conformity to the qualities found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Protestant (5 SOLAS)
- Believers baptism by immersion
- Literal 7 day (24 HR) Creation
- Historical/Literal Hermeneutics
- Elder led church