Permanent, full time with benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, paid personal days, and paid holidays.
Mission and Calling:
The Receptionist will work with the church staff by greeting visitors, answering phones and performing administrative duties.
- Open and close the office daily.
- Answer phones and provide information, answer questions or transfer calls appropriately.
- Input information from Connection Cards into Fellowship One database and distribute prayer requests to prayer teams and pastors.
- Manage office supplies -- keep track of all general supplies that are purchased for office purposes.
- Receive mail and distribute as needed.
- Update the Fellowship One database on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
- Be a committed Jesus follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Demonstrates Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), Honesty, confidence, teach ability, and humility (Philippians 2:5-7), and Patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4)
- Administrative - Professional and capable administrative and organizational skills. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and internet proficiency is essential. Needs to provide a high level of communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Educational/Experiential - A bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Reports to the Office Manager
35-37 hours per week