Denomination: Moravian (Unitas Fratrum, or “Unity of the Brethren”). It is one of the oldest Protestant denominations in the world.
Job Purpose and Overall Goals:
To communicate the principles of the Christian Faith by effectively developing lay leadership and introducing and sustaining spiritually enhancing programs for all ages at Clemmons Moravian Church. The overall goals of the position are to develop and oversee
a comprehensive program of Christian Education and spiritual growth to meet the needs of the whole congregation; and, to increase the involvement of all ages in Sunday School, children’s and youth ministries, and other Christian Education programs and activities.
- Maintain, enrich, and oversee the following programs: Sunday School, Children’s Ministry (birth – 5th grade), Youth Ministry (6th-12th grades).
- Serve as an overall resource person for, promote awareness of, and help facilitate other Congregational programs such as: Congregational dinners; church retreats; summer camps at Laurel Ridge (the Southern Provincial Moravian Camp); Adult, Women’s and Men’s
Fellowships; and existing and new Bible studies.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a strong personal faith.
- Be a champion of our denomination, the Moravian Church.
- Live a life of integrity and Christ-likeness.
- Attend Sunday School and worship on Sunday morning as well as monthly meetings of the Board of Elders, provincial Educator’s group, Christian Education Committee and the Youth Committee.
- Report to and work under the direct supervision of the Pastor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Appropriate college training and/or experience in Christian Education, Youth Ministry, Counseling, Education, leading successful church programs, and/or volunteer programs.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate and support church volunteers.
- Must possess strong organizational and team building skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to teach and speak publicly; excellent relational skills; and properly manage related budgets.
- Must pass pre-employment medical drug screening and a background check.
Salary and Benefits:
- This position is a full time staff position. The salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- This position includes a health benefits package with our denomination’s plan.
To apply, submit the following to Clemmons Moravian Church; P.O. Box 730; Clemmons, NC 27012 or
- A cover letter to include why you are interested in this position
- A current resume
- Contact for at least three references