JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant for Alternative Worship (Musical Leadership) is 1/4 time, approximately 10 hours a week. As a member of the Worship Team the Assistant is a supporter of alternative worship services and opportunities at FPCA, and
will assist in leading and organizingmembers of the 10:10 Band as well as other Alternative Worship lay leaders
- A deep personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and to the church
- High degree of musical knowledge and experience in leading alternative worship, as well as the ability to sing and play multiple instruments (i.e. acoustic, bass, percussion)
- High level of creativity and demonstrated ability in the areas of planning alternative worship with a strong theological grounding
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people and groups
- Possess a high degree of sensitivity and respect for the diversity that multi-platform worship brings, recognizing that there is more than one way to enjoy God and to be in God’s presence through worship
- Work collegially with the Director of Worship, members of the 10:10 Band and other lay leaders, the pastoral staff, traditional worship staff and support staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following:
- Be present for, and assist in leading, two weekly Alternative Worship services alongside members of the 10:10 Band
- Be present for, and lead, weekly rehearsals on Thursday evenings and Sunday morning sound checks
- Attend meetings as directed by the Director of Worship in order to select liturgically appropriate music
- Assist in recruiting and scheduling band members for Alternative Worship through Planning Center
- Recruit and lead an Alternative Worship choir
- Organize an annual Worship Band concert / festival to be held at FPCA
- Comply with all applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws
- Lead 10:10 Band annual retreats
OTHER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the A/V team
- Other jobs as assigned by Director of Worship
- Possess sufficient mobility and dexterity to fulfill the responsibilities as outlined above.
- Demonstrated competency in worship leadership (musically/theologically)
- Additional related education or experience preferred
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Salary, benefits, and other terms of employment will be administered in accordance with the policies contained in the First Presbyterian Church of Allentown Personnel Manual, a copy of which will be provided to each employee.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check in accordance with the congregation’s Safe Sanctuaries policy.
Those who are interested in applying for this position are encouraged to send a cover letter, resumé, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
First Presbyterian Church of Allentown
First Presbyterian Church of Allentown is a diverse body of faith committed to living God’s love in the way of Jesus Christ. We do this through worship, study, service, and relationships for the common good of our community and the world. More...