The Student Ministries Pastor will have a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people and a passion and giftedness for connecting with students and leading them to become passionate followers of Jesus. He is someone who is able to engage and energize a diverse
group of students to serve together. The Students Pastor is responsible for creating environments that are accessible, engaging, and challenging for students no matter where they are on their spiritual journey.
1. Construct, lead, and teach in the primary services for students.
2. Recruit, train, and empower the students to lead their peers not only at The Riot but also in their schools.
3. Recruit, train, and empower adult volunteers to serve in The Riot.
4. Create events that will encourage students to invite their friends to experience Jesus (concerts, summer camp, retreats, etc.)
5. Be fun.
6. Schedule all volunteers for The Riot (including bands, guest speakers, tech, etc.)
7. Participate in monthly All Staff meetings.
8. Participate in weekly Staff Prayer meetings.
9. Lead periodic meetings with the Riot leaders and core team members to energize them around the vision.
10. Spend time in the community where students gather (football games, starbucks, wherever students are).
11. Get involved with the local Middle Schools and High Schools. This includes FCA rallies, See You At The Pole, etc…
12. Network with other Student Pastors in the area. Learn from them, bounce ideas off each other, collaborate for events. We believe we’re all on the same team!
13. Set annual goals for the student ministry that are in line with The Bridge’s vision, and evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
14. Develop annual ministry plan and construct a budget for the student ministry.
15. Actively participate in Sunday Morning adult services.
• A passionate follower of Jesus Christ who has accepted Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
• Must be a self starter and self motivated—gifted in leadership and the ability to plan ahead.
• Ability to work well with Pastor and others who are involved in the life of the church.
• Able to maintain a healthy balance of excellence for all student events.
• If married, has a spouse who fully supports their call to ministry.
The Bridge is a church of 1,600 in average attendance across two campuses, but soon to be three campuses this Fall. We love contemporary worship music and dress casually. Reaching the next generation is one of our primary focuses. Our Pastor, Ferrell Hardison,
felt God leading us to be a multi-site church and eight years ago we took that step. As a growing church, job descriptions sometimes change and any applicant would need to understand that. The Student Ministries Pastor is responsible for overseeing that student
ministry is healthy at each campus, but not for doing the ministry himself.