Please do not apply through the Church Staffing Website. Email a resume and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or to learn more.
The Crossing needs a high level and collaborative leader as their Communications Director. It is time to tell the story of The Crossing! They need someone who understands how to develop a consistent brand voice, lead creatives, and integrate communications throughout all of the ministries of The Crossing. They need someone who uses both the creative and strategic aspects of their minds, someone who can lead with a collaborative spirit and can take The Crossing to the next level in communicating the who and what of their ministry. This position will report directly to Lead Pastor Greg Holder and be part of the Senior Leadership Team that provides oversight to the larger collection of Crossing campuses.
The Crossing began with a handful of folks in a living room with a common vision; to create a church where people’s lives are radically changed through Jesus Christ in radical ways. A place where they could bravely ask even the most basic questions about God without feeling out of place. While the number of people has grown beyond the limits of a living room, the vision has never strayed—It’s only gotten more interesting. The Crossing has become more than just a “place”. It’s a community that’s fresh, real, raw, alive and committed to telling an ancient story to break through even the most hardened of hearts.
By using unconventional teaching methods and various art mediums and technology, The Crossing creates experiences rooted in scripture that are both culturally relevant and deeply personal. Focusing less on a “demographic” and more on a state of mind, the palette at The Crossing spans every age, religious background (or none at all) and ethnic group. We are constantly mining new ways that encourage people to explore, experience and express who God is and how His teaching can foster real change in people’s lives. The Crossing continues to see growth and expansion with two additional campuses, 7500+ in worship each weekend (across 3 campuses), and another 8000+ people tuning in online.
- The Communications Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring a proactive communications strategy and tactical plan that supports the overall goals of The Crossing and increase its brand identity. The Communications Director will overseeing the development of all print communications and implementing a social media and digital/e-communications strategy. This position will be responsible for public relations and will serve as the organizations lead point person on media interactions.
- Lead Pastor - Greg Holder
- Member of Senior Leadership Team
- Design, build and maintain a comprehensive church communication strategy
- Oversee creative development of The Crossing brand
- Develop communication and brand guidelines which can be utilized by staff and volunteers, ensuring a consistent visual and verbal voice and tone for the church
- Collaborate with church leadership, serving as the strategic communications thought leader to ensure vision casting is effectively translated and cascaded through all communication plans and strategies
- Develop robust internal and external communication plan for organizational initiatives, video announcements and day to day communication needs
- Oversee the development of all print communications and marketing collateral.
- Manage all aspects of the church’s website (content, navigation) to improve the effectiveness of web-related communication with all ministries so that there is an effective presence on the web and in social media
- Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Serve as the primary content writer for all forms of communication
- Develop and oversee quality control process for all communications
- Plan, develop and implement Public Relations strategies and manages day-to-day execution of PR programs for The Crossing including writing and distributing press releases, managing inquiries from the media or other organizations, lead PR strategy during crisis situations and serve as the company spokesperson
- Devise and oversee photo opportunities
- Meet regularly with the communications team, instilling purpose and giving each member of the team direction according to the overall objectives
- Conduct regular assessment and performance reviews for the communications team; set professional goals, mentor, encourage, support and facilitate conflict resolution
- Meet with staff members to discuss communication needs within their department
- Anticipate and project future communication needs within the organization
- Oversee and manage video announcements for weekend services and special events
Spiritual Gifts Helpful For This Position
- Creative Communication
Character Traits Needed For This Position
- Big picture planner
- Judgement and decision-making ability
- Humble, flexible, teachable
- Authentic and consistent
Education and Experience:
- Must have minimum 5-7 years of experience within a marketing, public relations and/or nonprofit environment; demonstrated experience executing media and public relations campaigns. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field. Communications management experience with proven ability to demonstrate success in copywriting, media/public relations, and internal communications
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills
- Outstanding media relations skills, including the experience and confidence to speak with the press on a wide, varying range of topics
- Effective verbal communications skills and ability to influence internal and external audiences
- Highly organized, detailed and thorough, creative and motivated, ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Able to manage multiple projects and tasks, various internal clients and a fast-paced/on-deadline environment
- Thorough understanding of and experience working with media (print, broadcast, online, social)
- Experienced in crisis management planning, message development and implementation
- Leadership skills for direction and staff and overseeing projects
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Mac/PC operation at an intermediate level, including word processing and spreadsheet ability. Standard software programs utilized: Word, Excel, e-mail, Internet and Adobe Creative Suite.
On-The-Job Training Time:
- Up to six (6) months, depending on previous experience.
All qualified individuals must meet the above job-specific requirements, in addition to the following requirements for all staff members of The Crossing:
- Attend a service on a weekly basis
- Be passionate about The Crossing and a relationship with God
- Baptized as a follower of Christ
- Completion of all vision venues within the first year of employment
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on baptisim
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Pastor, Adult GroupsPinelake Church
- Clinton, Mississippi
- January 20
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Pastor of Ministry/Assimilation & Teaching PastorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
We are the only not for profit group in the world that provides relational staffing and coaching services for Christian leaders so that Kingdom-minded organizations thrive.
We are connected fans, Slingers, staff, lead associates, and a management team who discover talent and solutions. Our vision is to see remarkable leaders for remarkable churches.
We are personal, leveraging what we know and who we know for the best team possible. Our goal is the perfect transition.
We ar More...