Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, a vibrant, mid-sized ELCA congregation dedicated to growing disciples by sharing God’s love, seeks a part-time Director of Children’s Ministry to provide leadership in Children’s Ministries for preschool through 6th grade. The Director of Children’s Ministry will work closely with the Family Life Pastor to develop, coordinate and implement Christian educational and social programs for children, as well as Staff and coordinate nursery care consistent with the vision, goals and objectives of the congregation. The individual must be excellent at prioritizing their time and leading volunteer teams. For more information about our congregation, please visit www.lcrchurch.org
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to Family Life Pastor
Duties as Assigned:
- Annually: Serve as the Director of the Sunday School program, working with the Children’s Ministry Team to choose curriculum, and enlist, coordinate and train teachers.
- Annually: Plan and implement Vacation Bible School and Day Camp
- Annually: Provide program and presentation of Bibles for 3rd Graders
- Plan, promote and attend the Mount Cross Sponsored Retreat (s)
- Weekly: Plan and lead Sunday School openings including music
- Weekly/monthly: Provide a bible study for 4th - 6th grades
- Serve as a resource to the Pastoral Staff and Congregation Council in developing policies and programs to enhance the spiritual growth of the children of the congregation.
- Participate in developing and monitoring the children’s ministry budget and meeting those expectations.
- Provide clear communication of children’s ministry to youth, parents, families, staff, congregation, and community.
- Participate in worship and congregational ministry events
- Recruit and develop volunteer lay leaders
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Pastoral Staff
- Support other ministry areas as needed and incorporate children into the entire congregation
- Work as a team with the Pastoral Staff and other children’s ministry team members
- Keep accurate records of activities and participants
- Prepare report for annual congregational meeting
- Other duties as agreed upon
- Attend staff meetings
- A recognition of gifts for and a desire to work in the area of children’s ministry
- An established Christian faith
- Demonstrated ability to relate to children of all ages and connect others to the Gospel story
- Lead and engage children in discussion, education, games, songs, skits, sermons, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in relational ministry with children, young families, and adults
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Manage multiple teams and staff
- Department of Justice & FBI clearance and fingerprinting
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license and adequate insurance for transporting minors are required
- Lutheran theology
- Children’s ministry
- Child development and education
- Christian curriculum
- Coordinate multiple teams
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers
- Effectively communicate to all age levels
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Three years experience in related field
- Intermediate computer skills to include Word, Excel, Power Point, with data base experience helpful, and electronic skills appropriate for this age group
- Christian Education teaching background in Lutheran Theology
- This is part time position, approximately 20 hours per week
- This position is salaried
- No benefits are provided
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com with "Children's Ministry" in the subject line.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Pastor/Director of Children's MinistriesNew Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- October 27
Pastor of Children's MinistryDesert Vineyard Church
- Lancaster, California
- October 27
Children's Pastor / DirectorGrace World Outreach Church
- Brooksville, Florida
- October 27
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 27
Director of Children's MinistriesCommunity Presbyterian Church
- Danville, California
- October 26
Lutheran Church of the Resurrection
Resurrection is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. Founded in 1963, we are an open and friendly congregation that welcomes everyone to visit and to join our family. We currently have more than 800 baptized members and are one of the largest Lutheran churches in the greater Sacramento area. More...