Minimum –High School Diploma – Bachelors Degree Preferred
Experience - Microsoft Office Proficiency (emphasis with Publisher, Excel and Power Point), Phone System, Web-based Software for Data Management Systems, Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written); Organizational & Visual Interest
The purpose of this role is to effectively serve the church by managing the day to day administrative support of the Children’s Ministry. The Administrative Assistant is a role that touches the pastoral ministries of the church contributing to the spiritual
growth of the Life Changers.
The Administrative Assistant must:
1) have a caring attitude, excellent people skills, and high integrity: a positive attitude;
2) be accessible, responsive, and flexible to handle the changing needs of the church: reliability is a must;
3) have clerical, communications, computer, and well-organized skills: articulate & computer literate;
4) have effective verbal, writing, editorial, and publishing skills: good with words and spelling;
5) have a knowledge of NLC and be able to coordinate the unique schedules: a leader & Christ-centered life.
Because of the nature of the role, this person must demonstrate a high level of trust and the ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality. The wisdom to refrain from indiscriminately sharing information
is critical. Additionally, the willingness to learn new skills, work as a team player, and overall dependability/accessibility are very important.
This role intersects with several areas in the church and the administrator must have the people skills and confidence to act as a conduit for the support of each area.
The generalization of duties and responsibilities as follows:
Performance of MAIN Administrative Tasks Associated with Children’s Ministry
- Support and take direction from Pastor Mahogany in the areas of Children’s Ministry
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly and yearly calendar updates
- Preparation of and maintenance of some reporting Children’s Ministry
- Complete Reports Weekly for Children’s Ministry
- Works with Front office staff for collaboration on accuracy of CCB, Constant Contact and Planning Center for the coordination of efforts of LCPs in Children’s Ministry
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for all meetings lead by the Children’s Pastor
- Create ministry documents (purchase orders, after action reports, rosters, attendance sheets, etc) for Children’s Ministry
- Other related administrative tasks associated with Children’s Ministry
- Preparation and compilation of attendance
- Room scheduling for Children’s Ministry
- Prepare/research marketing materials for Children’s Ministry
- Maintenance of Office Equipment: perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management for Children’s Ministry
- Other related duties as assigned